Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Newbie Needs Help!

Broad Spectrum
New User
Posted: 11/13/15 07:14 AM

Sup, I'm new to this and not too educated on cars but i have enough knowledge to understand whats going on most of the time. I know more about driving than building but i want to learn. My biggest thing right now is, I want to get a car, and i want to modify it. Im not talking 1320video *** just like a very light modification, like i looked at Honda Civic Si FA5's and a small-medium turbo kit for it on a stock engine. That would be enough for me to enjoy the acceleration, top speed, and sound. I looked at Fox body mustangs lightly, Mitsu Galants, Nissan 240sx, etc. My biggest problem is, my budget will most likely be no more than $3,000-$4,000 pushing it and thats for car and modifications! I even really like trucks but i want something i can learn to build on at a small scale level but still be a little bit swift. I've always wanted to supercharge an old muscle or turbo an import, but i couldn't afford a $3,500 turbo kit for a FA5. Granted im 18 years old nearing halfway in my senior year of high school. I have driving experience on 1 lightly modified 1990 plymouth laser rs turbo, a decently modified 1990 plymouth laser rs turbo, an old 90 something honda civic ex with an engine swap and is built, stock 2004 Subaru Wrx, 400hp+ built 2005 Subaru WRX STI and a 2005 BMW 545i. I have pretty good experience driving if you ask me for what im looking for at least, im not trying to  build a 600hp street or drag racing car i just want a quick little *** to please my wants and needs, and lemme flex a little bit on my friends. I live in a very car crazy community. Any help would be nice, please don't get on here and start flaming me, im new, i admit it, and im here asking for advice and help to educate myself. No reason to *** on someone looking to learn.  

Broad Spectrum
New User
Posted: 11/13/15 07:31 AM

*and in addition to that if there is anyone willing to help me out there and wants to know what im looking for preference wise: I would like no less than 0-60MPH in 6.8s, 140MPH top speed, I'm ok with all drivetypes (AWD is my favorite but i realize they tend to be more expensive and harder to work on. I still really like RWD and FWD is ok i just  would want to make sure if i had a FWD car it had enough speed to suit me and if i had a RWD car i wanna make sure it could do a burnout but isn't gonna fishtail out on me in every damn corner. Yes I care about burnout performance in a RWD, I'm 18 give me a break im not gonna go burning rubber everywhere but once again every once in a blue moon i wanna flex on my friends!), engine type i dont mind just wanna be able to cheaply modify (when i say cheaply modify im not talking ebay turbos and parts, i still want a decent quality and all just not buying a whole new head, $3000 turbo kit, block, etc.I would be ok getting a I4 T and just putting on a tune, slightly bigger turbo, and clutch if i had the money left over all the way to a naturally aspirated V8 with just a cam((im clueless on prices of camming so hit me if im stupid)). Im cool with V6's in import cars but muscle cars like Mustang, Camaro, etc i wouldnt want one with a V6 they just seem poop to me but im completely open to being convinced otherwise.) I forgot to add originally, im 97% sure i want at least a 5-Speed Manual !!! few cars i would consider looking at automatic. If i missed anything that anyone would need to knpw about helping me out, just tell me and ill tell you what i can! Thanks  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP