Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

SR20 POWER FC DJETRO

primo240
New User
Posted: 10/12/10 09:47 AM

I recently installed an SR20 and i took it to a shop to have APEXIs POWER FC DJETRO stand alone ECU. The shop where I have my car at says the stock ecu is probably fried (I had it at another shop and they messed up my harness). My understanding was that the power FC Jetro stand alone completely replaced my stock ecu. I thought I could find an answer on the internet but everywhere i go i get a different answer. I just want to know does the stand alone replace the stock ecu. or does it simply work with the stock ecu kind of like a super expensive piggy back?  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 10/15/10 05:46 PM

Stand alone means that it replaces the old ecu. The harnesses will need to be fixed or replaced for proper interface, though. It's time to see a tuning shop, bro. If the shop its in isn't equiped to handle a performance ecu and have it tuned to your engine parameters, they may end up doing more harm than good. The shop may have very good techs, but tuning is a whole 'nother beast than just daily car care.  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP