Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Muscle and Ricers are the same...

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 08/23/10 01:59 PM

i got the engine fixed but i still have a lot of work to do on the cage,body,etc....  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 08/23/10 04:46 PM

Sorry for the loss, bro. It has been a bit eery with all the bad luck floating around. Bad ju-ju. I have a Bhuda statue that gets his belly rubbed from time to time. I don't worship the thing or Bhuda for that matter, but it's like carrying a rabbits foot. You know? A quick rub and out the door I go.
Smile
Hasn't been helping...  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

project SXZ
User
Posted: 08/26/10 05:23 PM

ya hopefully it looks up soon this *** gets old fast  
VG30E powered S13

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 09/03/10 05:55 PM

Amen.
I had a small incedent at work with my boss today. It seems as if I'm never going to get that elusive extra $5.00 an hour extra that I was promised. I was supposed to have a review two months ago. Lord knows i don't let him forget about it, but the fool thought I was going to be nice about it. I'm 42, have more than enough skill to diag and fix Hyundai... IT"S AS EASY AS PIE TO FIX HYUNDAI, yet there are a couple of dudes in the shop that get paid where I want to be (and uncertified to boot) and my boss wants me to fix all the electrical BS. I verbally had it out with him and told him that Kunta Kinte wasn't writen on my fore head and that I didn't need a green card to be in this country. I"M 2nd generation, United States BORN AND DEMAND RESPECT! I'm Puerto Rican ,but lord knows that my skill as a tech with HYUNDAI (of all cars) is better than most at this point in my life. There is nothing that Hyundai is putting out that I haven't seen already. They are 3 to 5 years behind every one else in the technology department. It's good that Hyundai is catching up and doing good things with the product, but it's nothing to go "OOOOO" about. I rant and I'm tired of being treated like I'm a nobody by idiots that can't even diagnose simple electrical issues. I have to suffer diagnosing BS at my pay rate becuase his over paid under skilled kiss ***es can't? Hells no! I've adopted an "I DON"T GET PAID TO FIX THAT" attitude with him. He knows I can diag the heck out of the product and fix it right the first time. I've more than proven it. The only one that loses when I leave is the shop. I'm replaceable, SURE, but good luck finding some one who was willing to be as faithfull to the shop as I was. I got tired approaching my boss in a proffesional manner and displaying my points. It went in one of his ears and out the other. How am I supposed to feel and react when the WHINERS that complain about the work they get are treated better than the ones that tackle every thing with out questions?
Any way, between the economy, insurance costs, fuel costs, the war in Afganistan, returning troops (God bless them for their heroism), the bad Ju-Ju and poor quality bosses... THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!  I have to look up. My Taino/Carrib blood makes me a warrior in life...lol I have more of a mix in me than the two I mentioned. Puerto Ricans are sorta like mega mutts. lol Historically, we had a lot of folks go through P.R. durring the occupation of Spain. P.R. was the Carribean hub to the new world (at that time) for a good long time till the U.S. gun ships kicked Spain out. We became a common wealth to the United States. I think P.R. is in the transition of becoming a State soon. I can't be too sure about that. The people on the Island have been politcally fighting about it for 25 years.
That's changing the rant a bit, but you get what I mean. Fair is fair. Skill should be paid fairly and correctly for what it is.
Mad  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

Lenserz
New User
Posted: 09/07/10 11:25 AM

I know what your saying i have a 351 clevland small block under the hood of my grand marquis. (84 and boxy, i love it) and people wont even race me. But question, 351 with twin turbo's? or supercharger?  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 09/17/10 05:44 PM

Sweet and simple... turbo... twins, to be exact. A super charger is good also, but both set ups do behave differently on the power bands. Super chargers are good for that low end, get up and go feeling from the line, but it lacks on the top end. Turbo technology has become really good in the past ten years , so, turbo lag isn't much of an issue any more. They both have their pros and cons and you may have to out weigh your desires for what's more practicle. If you can build it, it wll be done.
Smile  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 09/28/10 05:48 PM

exdactly. oh hey bro, i'm almost done with my project cars  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 10/02/10 05:31 PM

Awsome! I wish I was as close to being where you are on your project. The bills are piling up while my pay seems to be getting smaller. I do tons of side work, but it's getting to be a bit tired. I'm glad to know how close you are to finishing, though. I can't wait to see it, bro. I'm proud of my peoples getting things done!  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 10/24/10 05:59 PM

well one project car is done Laugh  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 10/25/10 05:33 PM

Awsome, bro! I would love to see it some day. My projects( dreams, actually) are on hold. I got rear ended a week and a half ago and recently got the insurance check for the damage... No structual damage thankfully, but the back door got it good. Amazingly, the glass didn't shatter... it's tweeked, but no shatter. Wierd.
I left Hyundai and now work at a Mitsubishi dealer. I've started my third week today. They also have the Suzuki line as well... I think Suzuki should stick with bikes. My opinion, though. Across the street from me with the same people that own the Mitsu/Suzuki dealer is a Nissan dealer! I'm in heaven... I'm going to seek advancement when they see my true potential. I have to get some Mitsu schooling first. Any way, I'm trying not to be a stranger on here, but it's so busy lately that I seem to be on only once a week. I miss talking with every one. I hope every one is doing well.  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 11/17/10 12:56 PM

you have shetty luck bro  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 12/04/10 04:39 PM

The good news is that since I last posted the door got fixed, though I still need to install the glass... short on time as usual... I was able to salvage the one on the smashed door. I'm amazed it didn't just blow up in my face. Any way, I'm loving the new job at the Mitsubishi dealer. It is soooo busy. I've finally started to make some real money in this place. I like my boss and the techs I work with. 2 for 2. Now if I could just hit that Lotto Power Ball... I would be 3 for 3!
Smile  
Educate, don't hate.

Tuscle_Car
New User
Posted: 12/25/10 12:16 AM

I just read through the thread and I actually joined to put my two cents in on the topic. I know that I can't stand hearing fanboy warfare about tuners and muscle cars. I happen to own both, a 93 Civic and a 76 Plymouth Fury Sport(Poorboy muscle there!) In my minds eye, A car should be appreciated for what it is, period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5qoAn0-jE&feature=related

Watch the first 16 seconds only as it sums up everything.

I Love my Plymouth Fury with its 464ci, originally had a 318 with a two barrel carb but I had a spare 464 with tranny layin around from an old 70's t-bird that I used in a derby. Throw on a quadra-jet and you get serious power. Yes, it gets 8 miles to the gallon highway, but the power is undeniably awesome. The feeling you get when someone backs down from a race because of the sound of raw engine, not exhaust tips.

Fact is, original muscle cars are rare, and expensive. They have had their day and are essentially endangered. Back when all the muscle cars we love first emerged, they were everywhere. What a site it must have been to be in crowded parking lot in the early 70's. Today's tuners will be the same way. Wait 50 years and everyone will be tuning smart-cars and we will say their cars suck.

Muscle cars are history in all the best and most respectful ways possible. Today's Tuners can be seen as the futures muscle.  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/01/11 10:02 AM

You pretty much have said what I've always said. Welcome, bro. It's the love of the hobby or trade that involves us in this life style. Who cares about what brand the car is. You build what you like and admire the work put into it. Any one who has the guts to build what they like should be admired for the tenasity and willingness to just build it. It's like that movie where the character builds a base ball field in the middle of a corn field... I can't remember the name of the movie, but if you build it they will admire it!  It's not the same content, but you get what I mean.
Smile  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 08/26/11 06:26 PM

sorry for not being on in a long ass time. ive been busy with my preparations on the bonneville salt flats for my new car  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP