FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order
Locked Thread

I hate to break it to the muscle heads!

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/23/10 09:04 AM

hell old school muscle is sometimes better than new school muscle  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

Jp Civilian
New User
Posted: 02/23/10 03:00 PM

That has been true for a long time, but modern muscle has caught up with the ol' school muscles. Such as the Nickey Camaro SS Dodge Challenger and the Challenger SRT8.  

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/28/10 07:10 PM

true but there is some old school muscle that can still take on new school muscle with ease  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 03/01/10 06:43 PM

It's all in how it's built and whether or not it's new or old... In the end, it don't matter. It's old school and it's American history. That carries a lot of weight. It's important. Just as imports now have a page in American history, but they will never seem to carry the same weight as a 57 Chevy Bell Air or a 68 Mustang with a Boss 302. Lots of historical things happened durring the making of those cars and that's what I see when I think of those cars. I relate them to American history and the relevancy of American life with them.  The American car industry as a whole changed the world and they did that better than any other on the planet. It's only now that others have made a dent in the present industry and it is why GM, Ford and Chrysler have had to make the choices that they had to make. Chrysler is owned by an Italian company now. FIAT... Fix It Again Tony! I joke harmlessly about that, but it means some thing when the company isn't American any more.
I would love to get my dream car, which is a 49 Mercury Custom, built with modern muscle. Preferably a 5.4 liter monster out of a KR500GT.
Smile  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

preludejdmh22a
New User
Posted: 03/07/10 07:44 PM

Everybody this is the way it is, a muscle car is define as (A engine that has a high hp output that what it means(Big muscle/high hp same thing different body).PS.Any question??  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 03/12/10 05:36 PM

There's only two small differences in the way an import and a domestic make HP, bro. I think that's why there's so much bravado between the domestic and import crowd. I agreee with you that HP is HP, but how it's dlivered is just as important as just calling it that. Smaller engines create HP at a higher RPM range and it peaks at 7, 8 or 9k RPMs, depending on vehicle and build. V8s create HP at a lower RPM range at around 4,500 to 6,00RPM. Where it seem to count, though, is where peak HP is delivered. Depending on the build and engine, one can build to suit and have remarkable results. It's all a matter of playing with numbers a little.
Smile  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 03/13/10 09:49 PM

remember what i said about american engines and japanese engines S12?  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 03/14/10 04:24 PM

I remember, bro. Some people just don't have a full grasp, though. It's all good. I like power in any form be it Asian or domestic I have full respect for them.
Smile  
Educate, don't hate.

s13son
New User
Posted: 07/12/10 09:36 AM

Since everybody's talking about american muscle, does anybody have some info on dropping a 6.0 from a chevy into a 95 240sx?   Its kinda out there i know, but any help would be much appreciated.  

sc300fivespd
New User
Posted: 07/13/10 01:52 PM

im an import guy now but used to be a muscle head,  and the original poster is clearly living under a rock. lol  

gearhead89
New User
Posted: 07/13/10 02:45 PM

Right on... nicely said  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 07/18/10 07:10 AM

That's why I say "educate, don't hate".
Even some die hard import guys need a little education to stop the hate... In the end we all are in the same boat. If some political moron wants to kill our life style it doesnt just affect one side or the other. It will essentially make things difficult for every one trying to build what they like. That's just one example of why we all should stop the "what's better than what" attitude that some of us all have and concentrate on doing whats good for the industry as a whole. If polititians win at any aspect against this hobby or trade that we enjoy, what'll happen then? Where will the subject of "what's better" be then. I say, who cares. Let protect and enjoy both sides of the automotive scene. Domestic and import, side by side, fighting the good fight against the tirany of idiots in Government that don't have any thing else better to do than mess with our life style. They should concentrate on fixing the country, get us out of the economic mess they put us in and let us ejoy our love of cars. PERIOD! We keep the industry alive and add to the economic health of the nation by buying and selling specialty parts. It's a buisness that keeps things rolling for the country and we all help in that. We need to be hand in hand with our domestic made car builders so that we can enjoy every thing that makes us brothers and sisters of this life style.
I sound like some kind of spokeperson for some organization, but if I'm not right, I'll stop the fight...  
Educate, don't hate.

ethelkilledfred-#001
New User
Posted: 07/19/10 11:22 AM

Import VS Domestics Street Fury Brotherhood of Street Racers

Mr
Bucket Turbo EG VS BowDown Nitrous Camaro street racing

Mr
Bucket's Turbo EG VS Jeffs Nitrous 240z street racing

-

Brotherhood of Street Racers

My Space Brotherhood of Street Racers
http://www.myspace.com/brotherhoodofstreetracers

BSR-International
http://bsr-international.ning.com/

ethelkilledfred-#001ethelkilledfred-#001

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 07/24/10 02:35 PM

Seenit mbefore and I'm quite impressed about the organization. I wish I could be doing what they do. The only problm is that what they do is illegal... unless it's organized by a kind and understanding police officer that enjoys a well built car.
Smile
Just sayin'. lol  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 08/03/10 01:17 PM

lol yeah i know those guys very well. my grandfather built one of their cars as what i heard from a racer. lucky guy doesn't know who my grandfather was. i rather stick to the tracks instead of risking someone's life walking their baby in the babystroller.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP