Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Cheap fast car. Ideas? Opinions?

civic367
New User
Posted: 01/12/10 10:04 AM

Civics are really reliable, and no there not expensive to fix, (if you know where to get parts), if your really tight on cash I'd reccomend an older civic, CRX, or accord, don't underestimate Accords, they have decent power.  Hope this helps!  

civic367
New User
Posted: 01/12/10 10:05 AM

Civics are really reliable, and no there not expensive to fix, (if you know where to get parts), if your really tight on cash I'd reccomend an older civic, CRX, or accord, don't underestimate Accords, they have decent power.  Hope this helps!  

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/12/10 02:34 PM

i would say a mid 90's Civic  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/14/10 10:34 AM

Any import is good depending on the condition it's in. Let's face it, the older the car the more it may need to get back up to snuff. Not many keep up with what the car needs and those that do some things neglect other things. Always go with a car tech that is good and that you can trust to look at cars with you. Some times, more than not, a tech can see things better and is not led by the nose by the person trying to sell the car. Not all sellers are looking out to get you, but it pays to go with some one with more experience than you to look at cars.  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/25/10 09:50 AM

true. i agree with S12  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

brandonjwood
New User
Posted: 05/10/10 05:44 AM

nah look for some toyota mr-2's there the cheapest best looking and verry quick its also a mid engine car. i own one myself and i have a turbo in it and air take , and a computer that gets me from either 30 hp to 200 hp and its was more than what i payed for my car. and a HKS Turbo Exhaust Systems for the MR2(http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partreviews/HKS/Exhaust/Exhaust_Systems/Turbo/1232) and im pumin 426 hp out of it and i have beat corvette's and any musle car on the road  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 05/12/10 05:18 PM

What engine is in it, bro. I may be mistaken, but I was lead to believe that they came with a 3SGTE. It's a nice engine if that's what it came with in your car. I want that same engine for my 97 Rav4. Saving up is tough, though. MR2s are rare around here where I'm at. They exsist, but I haven't seen many around in good shape.  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

HMachine
User
Posted: 05/15/10 07:16 PM

Get yourself a TOMY AFX Super G+  

zopilote_rey
New User
Posted: 05/18/10 03:31 PM

not even unless ur rich wit the money to blow ur better off buyin a honda lol im 17 and i own a 240sx 89' as well and well civic's are so cheap and easy to fix up (so ive heard) and if u dnt kno much bout cars and such honda is the way to go... nissan's r better tho buttt thats my opinion ^_^ Grin  

supramp
New User
Posted: 05/22/10 12:56 AM

take a look at the price and availability of the parts you might want as well. its something to consider before you get dead set on a car first. you dont want to buy something to find out the parts arent available or they cost a lot more than you were expecting.

***personally Ill take my "00" e46 over a honda anyday. 4's are to small, 8's are to big, I like my 6. gobs of power, still good on gas***  

stephenhemstrought
New User
Posted: 04/29/14 03:50 PM

i am 18 looking for a tuner under 10 thousand stock and options for upgrades costing anywhere from 2 to 3 thousand all suggestions are welcome thanks  Grin  

stephenhemstrought
New User
Posted: 04/29/14 03:50 PM

i am 18 looking for a tuner under 10 thousand stock and options for upgrades costing anywhere from 2 to 3 thousand all suggestions are welcome thanks  Grin  

amit65
New User
Posted: 02/24/17 09:24 PM

hi..
1) 2016 Ford Mustang GT

The 2016 Ford Mustang GT marks the latest generation of a long line of fast, affordable cars stretching all the way back to the vehicle's debut in 1964. The Ford Mustang GT retails for $32,395, and for that price you get a 435-horsepower, 5.0-liter V-8 that additionally sends 400 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels. If you want to grab even more performance for not much money, the Track package installs bigger Brembo brakes, heavy-duty engine and transmission cooling, and a limited-slip differential. 60 mph arrives in a scant 4.7 seconds for the Ford coupe.

2) 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS

It would be impossible to mention the Ford Mustang GT without giving equal space to its cross-town rival, the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS, which has been fully updated for this year. The Chevrolet Camaro SS cribs an enormous 6.2-liter V-8 engine that provides 455 horses and 455 lb-ft of torque, managed by a six-speed manual transmission. The Camaro SS' $36,300 price of entry also includes a limited-slip differential right out of the box, along with a stiff suspension system, 20-inch rims, and the MyLink infotainment and communications interface. The sprint to 60 mph in the Camaro SS is about a half second faster than that of the Mustang GT.

3) 2016 Nissan 370Z

The 2016 Nissan 370Z might not flex its muscles in quite the same way as either of the domestic coupes so far profiled by this list, but this two-door sports car is just as quick and exciting to drive as its American counterparts. The Nissan 370Z continues the brand's long-standing tradition of building a track-ready performer at an affordable price ($29,990 for the base model), built around a supple chassis, a snug two-seat cockpit, and a 3.7-liter V-6 engine good for 332 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. A six-speed manual transmission that can automatically match revs while downshifting is included with the 370Z if you order the available Sport package, which also includes a limited-slip differential, and lightweight 19-inch rims. The NISMO version adds even more flexibility. You’ll hit 60 mph in just five seconds when flooring the Nissan's go-pedal.

4) 2016 Subaru WRX

The 2016 Subaru WRX is notable for its ability to be a fast, affordable car in all sorts of different weather conditions, thanks to the grip provided by its standard all-wheel drive system. Subaru dropped the Impreza name from this model for 2015, helping the WRX stake its own territory. Whether blasting through snowbanks or snaking down a canyon road, the Subaru WRX enjoys 268 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque thanks to its new 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, boosted by a twin-scroll turbocharger, an intercooler, and direct fuel injection. Order up a 2015 WRX with either a six-speed manual or a new CVT option. The WRX, which starts at $26,595, sizzles its way to 60 mph in an impressive 5.4 seconds with the manual gearbox.

5) 2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

The 2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe presents itself as an even more affordable alternative to models like the Nissan 370Z, especially when found in its entry-level form. Last year, Hyundai streamlined the Genesis Coupe lineup, phasing out the turbo four-cylinder and focusing on the 3.8-liter V-6. Starting at $26,950, the Genesis Coupe provides 348 ponies and 295 lb-ft of torque, put down through a six-speed manual or a tarted-up eight-speed automatic with rev-matching and paddle shifters. The rear-wheel drive 2016 Genesis Coupe arrives at the 60 mph mark in just 5.3 seconds.

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP