Enthusiast
Posted: 05/05/09 12:38 PM

why do people want to waste money  
Visit us @
Riceboytv.Webs.com

TehKegz
New User
Posted: 05/05/09 04:17 PM

what do you mean waste money? you cannot leave a statement like that unexplained haha  

RiceboyTV.webs
Enthusiast
Posted: 05/05/09 06:46 PM

Icon QuoteShane-O-Mac:
Do you like your Dodge spirit? If so go for the domesticated version of the 3000GT and go with a Dodge Stealth. Most parts are interchangeable w/ the 3000GT. Honestly i like the stealths look a little better. Check em out.

Q: (why wasn't the Talon as successful as the Eclipse?)
A: uh....DSM vs the original

Yes it's true they are the same car basically but 3000GT is better simply because most of the Mitsubishi versions of the DSM models were the better quality ones. Oh and stealths have fewer body mods than the 3000gt, and no they don't look better, don't even start.

They're both good cars, a little on the heavy side but the only real similarities b/t the 2 are the engine and chassis.  The 3000gt has a better electronic system than the Dodge.

And also consider that one of the two companies is going bankrupt soon (which really has nothing to do with the choice between the two...I'm just being "that guy")  
Visit us @
Riceboytv.Webs.com

RiceboyTV.webs
Enthusiast
Posted: 05/05/09 06:58 PM

Icon QuoteTehKegz:
I'm looking into a new car and have a budget of 4-5 to spend on the core car then looking at putting another 2-3 into it such as lambo doors, CAI, etc. I've been looking at eclipse's but I have been told there slow for the amount of money spent, How are Hondas? I know a lot of kids *soop* up there civics and race and get ripped on for it but are they a decent car? I have also been looking at OZ rallys and Lancer es, but hear they tend to have drive train problems. I also have a friend with a 6 speed bi-turbo audi a4 that he might be selling and there is quite a bit of damage on the bumper so he is looking at 3-4 grand, however I would probably put a kit on it and replace the whole bumper so i wouldn't have to pay to repair that. But I also hear these are pretty expensive cars to repair, but can also last along time if properly taken care of. *Note I do live in wisconsin but this car would not be driven in winter, i have a 94 dodge spirit that i payed 500 dollars for to drive in snow with Smile

this is what I mean:
1. Lambo Doors are so played out even Lambo's don't have them anymore
2. If you're 16 and have 4-5000 you should probably be saving it considering these economic periods, and shouldn't be thinking about racing, you noob. Go to school, get a job, make money and then spend it on modding whatever you want to.
3. When you say you want a fast car, I assume it's for racing which is unnerving because I doubt there are any tracks in your area of Wisconsin.
4. From what it sounds like, the mods you're looking at are only aesthetics which don't help your car's performance: Lambo doors add weight to your car, and Body kits usually do the same w/o considerable downforce increase
5. People bash on those civics because generally if there's someone racing w/ a Civic, they're probably what most consider ricers and their cars are NOT decent, but rather blown out trashy engines covered in cheap plastic aesthetics.
7. If you want a fast car for that money, you're generally looking at going back 2 or 3 auto generations to be able to get one; for that price range I'd suggest a GSX, S13/S15, VR4, RS/WRX, GS-R if you can find any in good condition, Prelude Type SH, or a GT4 if you can find any, and those A4's you k. Those are Fast Cars, The ones in bold are good choices especially for winter.
8. "soop" is definitely not a word, "Supe" is the slang derived from "Supercharge" which is used for references to heavy modding

If you want a Good car, from your list I'd suggest the OZ rally and A4. BTW, if someone makes you pay more than 900 diff in price b/t an OZ rally and ES, you're getting ripped off. The ES and OZ rally are the same performance wise except for a $900 rear way bar on the OZ. Word of advice there. If you're getting the A4 and body kit, make sure you look at APR parts; they specialize in Audi performance so they know what they're doing. and refer to my post in the thread "Guidance" for more info on how to make your good car "fast". (Please don't get Lambo doors: nice aesthetic mods look bad on shizzy cars so don't unless you're getting a really good car. I will hunt you down and kunai you if i have to)

Don't waste your money on someone Else's suggestions for a "fast" car. They're suggesting it b/c it's not their money. Basically u shouldn't be listening to anyone of us. Too many biased opinions. I say get a Good car and make it fast; it'll save you money in the long run. But like I said you don't have to listen to anyone of us.  
Visit us @
Riceboytv.Webs.com

RiceboyTV.webs
Enthusiast
Posted: 05/05/09 07:05 PM

Icon Quoteakaru427:
i don't think you're going to get a turbo supra with the budget you're talking about. been there done that. they ain't cheap.

listen to this guy if you want, he seems smart  Wink  
Visit us @
Riceboytv.Webs.com

TehKegz
New User
Posted: 05/06/09 12:14 AM

I'm not really looking to race, I just want something with a bit of kick to it, just cause haha. Kinda want to make it look good and show it at like drop fest n such. as for school, eh i have a 4.0 and am getting grants up the ass, i'm not to worried about it. I'm starting to look into cheaper cars now like 1-2 grand and replacing the engine maybe? I wanna do all this stuff because i wanna learn to do it myself for a future car. Its a good chance to learn i think plus i really need a hobby, i recently got in alot of trouble, and want to straighten my life out and i like cars haha so i'm looing into them more  

RiceboyTV.webs
Enthusiast
Posted: 05/06/09 10:11 AM

Icon QuoteTehKegz:
I'm not really looking to race, I just want something with a bit of kick to it, just cause haha. Kinda want to make it look good and show it at like drop fest n such. as for school, eh i have a 4.0 and am getting grants up the ass, i'm not to worried about it. I'm starting to look into cheaper cars now like 1-2 grand and replacing the engine maybe? I wanna do all this stuff because i wanna learn to do it myself for a future car. Its a good chance to learn i think plus i really need a hobby, i recently got in alot of trouble, and want to straighten my life out and i like cars haha so i'm looing into them more

4.0...in Wisconsin...and you're getting into trouble....tut...tut...tut

You shouldn't have to be straightening out your life @ 16
It's good that you want to learn about cars and how to diy, but all you need 4 that's a super street or project car mag.
anyway if you want something w/ a bit of kick to it, stick to my suggestions. if you want to get into cars go watch D1, Redline Time Attack, and FD and go to HIN events.....oh wait they don't have HIN in Wisconsin do they? (yes I'm THAT guy). I suggest you talk to other enthusiasts like the people on this forum if you want to be enlightened. Still about the car thing, @ this age you shouldn't be starting any projects. Learn all you can so that later on when those grants of yours have gotten you into MIT or somewhere and you've gotten a good job you'll be better educated to be able to do whatever projects you want.

( and type better...it took me 2 minutes to figure out what looing was meant to be)  
Visit us @
Riceboytv.Webs.com

TehKegz
New User
Posted: 05/06/09 10:23 AM

Thanks for the advice, sorry bout the mistakes lol  

RiceboyTV.webs
Enthusiast
Posted: 05/09/09 09:43 AM

good luck  
Visit us @
Riceboytv.Webs.com

Shane-O-Mac
User
Posted: 05/11/09 10:43 AM

SOrry, havent been on in a while. I know for a fact that 3000gt is better, just seeing that he had a dodge, just thought id throw that out there.  
TERTLE POWER!

RiceboyTV.webs
Enthusiast
Posted: 05/11/09 05:27 PM

Icon QuoteShane-O-Mac:
SOrry, havent been on in a while. I know for a fact that 3000gt is better, just seeing that he had a dodge, just thought id throw that out there.

I see, just was clarifying for him.  
Visit us @
Riceboytv.Webs.com

torourke51
New User
Posted: 05/12/09 05:25 PM

about the turbo supra i have seen a couple mid 90's around 18k and i looked at this other supra non turbo for 17k with 127,000 miles on it. so as far as getting one for around 4 or 5k good luck. Onless you mean only a chassis.  

2000-Honda-civic-si
Guru
Posted: 05/12/09 11:51 PM

Icon Quotetorourke51:
about the turbo supra i have seen a couple mid 90's around 18k and i looked at this other supra non turbo for 17k with 127,000 miles on it. so as far as getting one for around 4 or 5k good luck. Onless you mean only a chassis.

not trying to be rude but thats already been covered... like a lot  

RiceboyTV.webs
Enthusiast
Posted: 05/13/09 01:00 PM

it's wack when people backpost  
Visit us @
Riceboytv.Webs.com

123 Last

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP