Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Domestic V8 lovers don't have a leg to stand on!

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 02/05/11 06:21 PM

UUUhhhh... yeah, I see what you mean and all, but imagine if we took what we've learned about making serious horsepower on a 4 banger and reverse apply that technology back into domestic muscle. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE STRATUSPHERIC LEVELS OF POWER A V8 COULD PRODUCE???!!! I jest, but imagine the possibilities. Actually, I do like the 2000+ hp that funny cars and rails make. Yeah, it's unusable on the streets, but I haven't seen any thing that compares to that on the track as of late. How about building an import to dominate that scene? That would be special. Not knocking you, bro, but when it comes to drag racing and real big HP, rails and funny cars, with V8s, have the HP game in the bag. Imports can only dream of of such power... 300+mph in less than 4 to 5 seconds... Yeah, that's impressive. I do agree with you to an extent, though. On the streets the imports do have an advantage, but there are those few cars that defy that theory. Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, Viper... Hmmm, what else?
I respect your thoughts on the subject, but seeing as how almost all of the technology made to improve hp in imports did come from U.S. made vehicles intense research and development, it was natural to have that same technology rub off onto the imports. Let's face one important fact. If it wasn't for American muscle cars, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's a win, win in my book. What ever was done to improve domestics also improved imports. Besides, the Japanese only improved on what was already there. That's all. I beleive that the first turbo ever made did come in an American car, or was it an American plane...? I could be wrong. There are guys on this site that would know the answer to that. Any way, the story you told is entertaining, none the less. Welcome.
Smile  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 03/25/11 12:36 PM

you forgot Trans Am XD  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 03/25/11 05:39 PM

oops, sorry.
Smile
The trans Am as well, bro. How can any one, err.. "I" forget that awsome car? It just goes to show you that my brain is moosh! LOL! Nice to hear from you, MSK.
Wink  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

goingforit
New User
Posted: 06/30/11 08:32 PM

ions suck  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 07/24/11 08:47 AM

ions? Or, is it Scions that you meant to write...? Either way, Toyota is doing good things with the Scion brand. To each his own and much respect for that choice. Power and desire are an individual taste when it comes to liking a car.
Wink  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 08/26/11 06:33 PM

i seen some preety crazy scions out here with twin turbos and beautiful paint jobs on them pushing like 600+ horsepower and i wont lie a scion tc and xb i wouldnt mind getting for show and a family car  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 08/27/11 02:34 PM

If it fits you, why not? People will say what they want about another persons choice of car, but always remember that it's always the ones with nothing that have negative comments... not to say that they have nothing completely, just not a good car they can be proud of. They always comment based on what poor judgements they've made on their projects or just because they envy what you have. In goingforits case, it may just be that he got spanked by a Scion... No offense, goingforit, but making your comment with out so much as a real reason as to why you think they suck is not a valid comment. That's all I'm saying. What gives with you and Scion?
Wink  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 09/06/11 03:06 PM

btw im working on a scion  tc right now ironically  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP