Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Domestic V8 lovers don't have a leg to stand on!

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 02/10/10 11:27 AM

Very nice, bro. I saw on another thread that he passed away recently. Sorry to hear that. Honor him by being as good as he knows you can be, bro. I see it and I know for a fact that he saw it in you.  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/11/10 09:53 AM

yeah. he knows that i will only race that Trans Am on the track not the road. we got it dynoed at exactly 1,127 horses at 5,197 rpms and 1,430 pounds of torque at 4,900 rpms. i still have no idea how he got that much power in that car.  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 02/11/10 02:41 PM

Impressive, bro. There's going to be a good future for your car on the track, bro. Maybe I'll see you one day at Atco or English Town. That would be nice so that I can drool over your car. Not literally, though. LOL! POWER baby! That's what it's all about!  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/18/10 09:37 AM

to me its about memories and happiness with that car bro, nothing else. yeah it's a serious power car but i have no idea what he did to get such crazy power. he never taught me that. he never believed in spray in his life except when he went to get surgery. at least he got his dying wish completed  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 02/18/10 01:33 PM

Brother, I feel for you. I wish I learned masonry from my pop. He had a way with stone, concrete and blocks better than any one I ever saw. Some times I wish I could go back and redo my life and learn his method of building. Every one in Puerto Rico around his neighborhood looked for him to build homes and stuff. All homes in Puerto Rico are made of cinder blocks, concrete and mortar. Wood doesn't stand a chance in that climate. Plus, the termites would have a field day.
Any way, at least he left you with good memories, bro. It shows that you cherished him deeply.  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/19/10 09:33 AM

i actually want to surpass him in every way  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 02/19/10 06:14 PM

I know he would love that. I would love my kids to do that. Make him proud, bro.  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/23/10 08:55 AM

i'll try but he's won some serious trophies in his life and he was named the King of the Strip for ten years in a row at a local drag strip out here.  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 03/01/10 07:50 PM

It's cool, bro. At least it'll make people remember the man behind the car. He did a great job on the car, bro. Sweet!  
Educate, don't hate.

preludejdmh22a
New User
Posted: 03/07/10 06:53 PM

No, but it easer to install(it slides right in) Grin  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 03/12/10 05:39 PM

This thread is old...LOL! I think this monoloco dude got put into retirement.
Smile  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 03/13/10 09:46 PM

who knows bro. the trans am went down the track and it did 6.40 with a speed of 212.97  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 03/14/10 04:31 PM

Rediculous, bro! I wish I could have been there. Much props.
Now, if I could only figure out my transmission issues, I could go on road trips to see my peoples in action... I'll figure it out.
Again, real nice job, bro. I'm very impressed.
On another topic, I saw power block on SpikeTV this morning and they interviewed an older dude that's been around the tracks a bit and he builds muscle cars for a living. Any way, he built an old school mid to late 60s Corvette that weighs in at 2,800lbs and gets 31GPM out of it. The car was very cool and I was impressed that he drives the thing daily, even though it's a classic mint condition car. Reworked, of course, but still classic. I loved it.  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 05/22/10 04:18 PM

that's really immpresive bro.  

nissanfreak81
New User
Posted: 02/01/11 07:26 PM

This is hilarous! I was trying to debate on this other forum with this dude after I said putting domestic v8s in imports is trashy! He got all but hurt and all he could say was that "im into drifting, and my v8 powered drift car makes good torque and its a crowd pleaser",then he said "it also makes the girls panties drop". I then explained to him how dorky that comment was and then proceeded to rip him a new 1 using facts about engine design and technology. I also called him a trend hopper and he didnt like that too much, I then made a comment about how I have my next 3 cars planned out and they have nothing to do with whats cool or not,because im a real car guy,not a trend hopper. I made a comment about what the next trend is,since the excuse for the v8s is there cheap,I asked him if next year hell b putting BMW engines from the 80s in 240s,why not get a benz turbo deisel in you r 240,it makes good torque and its cheap,or how about a cummings deisel v8 from the 80s,thats cheap too and makes good torque too dork! Obviously i was being very sarcastic! Not only did he not respond,he flagged all my comments and had them removed and got me kicked from the forum. Oh yea,I also made a comment about how many times we ve actually won against D1GP,and that the people who brought us drifting arnt using v8s and they still beat us! Cause they design everything to a higher standard from suspension to engine design! All weve done in formula d is change cars every season and swap in v8s! No1 has perfected anything in Formula D,if you change chassis every year,youll never catch up to the guys from Japan who perfected the chassis over the seasons! And putting v8s in to make up for not having a great chassis setup only gets you wins against other people in your class,not the pros from Japan! Ditch the dead technology! There are japanese v6s making v8 power stock. The bigger is better formula is dead!! When your vette motor makes 118+ hp per litre NA,then ill listen to ya! Also i made it clear that thinking it was lame was just my opinion,just like thinking it was cool was his opinion! Were all entitled to our opinions,but FACTS are FACTS! We learned the difference in 3rd grade!!!! Grin  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP