Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Domestic V8 lovers don't have a leg to stand on!

brianjames
New User
Posted: 12/28/09 02:03 AM

like i said I dont dissapear I have bad ass import but it aint got *** on my 99 firebird Turbo Tongue hate stupid people like you // you talk so stupid  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 12/31/09 07:56 PM

I've driven modified Lambos @ 600HP, Ferarri @ 500HP, Porche @500HP, Rails @ 1800HP, Funny cars.... Yeah I think I know a bit about G-force and the feeling one of those cars gives when they have a lot of "get up and go". I had tons of fun driving them, too. I don't mock other cars nor do I condone it. I may have issues with some subjects regarding quality on some American made cars, which by the way are really made out of the U.S. That was for your education edification.
The point I'm trying to make here with the subject at hand is that depending on what part of the country you live in the fuel consumption will vary according to temperature, altitude and fuel quality. No one person will have the same fuel mileage as another with the same car in some other part of the country. There are too many variables for it to work and be the same. Keeping a well maintained engine is one of those factors to take into consideration. Not every one keeps a well maintained engine. Understand?
No one made fun of any thing and what you are saying in regards to the subject is kinda' pointless. I guess you wanted a few seconds of pointless ranting? I don't know. Any way...
Here's a challenge for you. Find out what people get on average for mileage in different parts of the country and see if I'm right or wrong. I'm sure the good people that visit this site and see this post will add to what I'm saying to comfirm me as being right or wrong. I'm a big boy and can take a little constructive debate. I'm always open for it in a friendly way. Cool?
Wink
OOps, I had to reread the post you put up and realized that you were commenting on the orignal posters comments. Sorry. LOL! my bad...  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/06/10 12:23 PM

i took on your challenge and my brother in Miami gets around 24 mpg,my best friend who lives in Iowa gets 18 mpg,i get around 22 mpg now,my younger sister gets around 28 in Cali. no one gets the same mpg at all.

@S12 i'm almost done with my project car. just need to put the engine back in and it's done  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/14/10 11:51 AM

I'm all sorts of excited to hear that, bro, really! I have this love of power that eminates through my skin! And, here I am with a measly 148hp, (less actually and that's due to needing an overhaul. LOL!), Rav4 to brag about. LOL! I'm really happy for you, bro. Drive on!
Smile  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/19/10 10:02 AM

hell yeah bro!  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/21/10 08:03 PM

I read today that Ford is making a new Taurus SHO that will be pushing 350hp. It will be the flag ship performance Taurus. The current SHO already has respectable get up and go power. I don't understand what they are competing against to make such a beast. Oh, did I mention that it's on the 3.5 liter V6 engine they already produce for it. Nice, huh? It's not a monster, but it is respectable.  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/22/10 09:43 AM

Ford's new Taurus doesn't have anything to compete against.... yet. it's a nice size engine with respectful power too  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/22/10 05:24 PM

No replacement for displacement! LOL!  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/25/10 10:02 AM

that's true bro.  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/28/10 02:35 PM

Some times imports break that rule by creating high horse power little cars. They get that by peak high RPMs, while V8s get it by shear torgue at lower RPMs. I may not be explaining it correctly, but I hope it's close to being right. LOL!  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/29/10 09:45 AM

kinda right. V-8s get it from torque and power around the same rpm. imports get it from high rpms.  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/29/10 05:39 PM

I thought so. Thanks. Old dogs can learn! Smile  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/09/10 10:06 AM

that's true and i'm going on 20 lol  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 02/09/10 04:30 PM

OH! Schooled by a youngen! LOL! It's all good, though. I don't know every thing and it's an honor to learn from good people.
Smile  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/10/10 09:50 AM

same here but i learned from my grandfather who worked for Pontiac for 30 years and raced alot of cars in his life.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP