Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

Domestic V8 lovers don't have a leg to stand on!

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/26/08 09:56 AM

Just face it, muscle heads! You come on here and talk trash and then dissapear to oblivion and never debate us tuners with dignity. You don't have a leg to stand on when it come to trashing tuners and when you then leave with out as much as a proper response it makes you look stupid and severely uneducated! We tuners have proven our worth with our little cars and it threatens you to no end. Muscle cars and big engine daily drivers are going by way of the dinosour and you seem to see that. It's a losing battle for you guys and nothing can stop the import from taking over the world!!! Some take over, huh? Debate me if you dare with real facts and convince me, and others, different! I DOUBLE DARE YOU!!!
Ooo  Ooo  Ooo  

civic.slow
User
Posted: 01/28/08 04:35 AM

well, you're an idiot and you don't know the first thing about engine theory.
so i would'nt expect them to waste their time.

i rember you bitching about how it's better to rebuild an engine covered in grease becuase it helps the motor seal?
are you really that stupid?

if you knew how an engine worked or the proper thinking behind how they perform, you would obviously see that sentence is just blantently wrong  

hemihead426-.
New User
Posted: 01/28/08 04:46 PM

buttmonkey
     I never once said that anything IMPORT was rice,or never called any import driver a ricer.I;ve seen domestics, old ass v8's riced out.possible yes.Dont understand the whole scene dont want to. Its a disgrace to some autos though.Why in the hell would you put a fart cannon on a v8,ive seen it,why the big wings,unless your'e on the salt flats its proven they're ***
http://serious.wavern.com/   Check this out and *** ,your import or rice beating,male *** of a chest.
Btw  Does a greasy engine really help a motor seal? Enlighten all of us retarded ass muscleheads.  

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/28/08 05:46 PM

First off humpyhead... (had to get you back for buttmonkey, it's all in fun)... you post a thread that reads like you hate imports and tuners alike then vanish for some time without giving a debate or an explanation to the words written by you. Me and some others understood that way! You sorta' left you self open for that! You know? Now that you've explained some I can understand what you mean. I'm cool with it. I don't care for enemies so no harm done, I hope.
As for civic.slowpoke, again in fun, I want to ask you some things. First... You can make a fist and throw a punch, right? You can also swing your foot and kick some one! Do those attributes make you a pro boxer or kick boxer? You prove nothing when you talk and are still going to school... LEARNING! That's the key word in all this. I have some EXPERIENCED military men that have been spying in to see what you've been commenting and they would love to see your "experience" put to good use in Iraq or Afganistan! Think about it, kid. Serve your country, gain knowledge from EXPERIENCED military field opperators!!! Leave well enough alone kid. And it wasn't me that said that mess with the dirty engines... IF YOU WERE PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT WAS WRITTEN! How do you learn when you can't even keep up with a conversation?  

Tigerasso22
New User
Posted: 01/28/08 07:59 PM

No Civic boy, your an idiot for not learning to read. I read that post, it wasn't Blackmonkey that made the comments about the grease. Either way,  some components need grease so that they don't suffer excessive wear from dry friction, but most of these components are not on the outside like that fool assumed. I've had v8s and I am not opposed to a decent debate, but frankly Im a tuner as well and I can see the good in both scenes, I honestly don't care to judge- anyone who "tunes" their car is a "tuner" to me whether it be a V8 or an i4 and for the record Japanese make v8s.  

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/28/08 08:35 PM

I agree as well Tigerasso22! One of my techs has one sitting on an engine stand. He claims it's a formula 1, V8 Nissan engine. Don't hold me to that, 'cause I'm questioning that my self! He's another young pup that talks a pretty good game with no results. He's 17, go figure that it would have to be my friends son. lol!!!
Any way, It seems that all this commotion coming from civic.slow, who as of yet has still not said why he calls him self that, could be better resolved if he were to pay attention and remember what he's read!!! It must be the cold and lake effect snows that they get in OHIO! It freezes the brain cells a *** ONLY KIDDING!!! I keep asking him how he gets good grades if he can't even remember a comment or conversation. I'm hittin' 40 and recieved head shots alot when I kick boxed some years back. That's my excuse if I forget some thing! But, what's his excuse? Comprehension skills are not his cup of tea, I gather! I spelled "comprehension" right this time around... YOU SEE... I'M NOT PERFECT!  

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/28/08 08:52 PM

On another note... to get back to why I posted this thread to begin with! If it's not a rail or a funny car or even a NASCAR stock racing car, I don't see how a modified American street muscle car can beat an import with the same amount of horses and torque given to the wheels. Impress me with an answer 'cause I wish to be educated. Power to weight ratios will get you all the time.  

hemihead426-.
New User
Posted: 01/29/08 08:02 AM

Once again not understanding the lingo,describe a tuner for me?Is it someone who takes a car or just an import?And tries to give it ungodly amounts of power.Beause if that is the definition of a tuner wouldnt I be considered one for wanting to make a 318 dart into a 9 second car?From a young pups mouth a tuner and ricer are the same thing.And you are right power to weight ratio on these little ass buzz boxes is awesome.I'll give you that,but you still cannot underestimate a warmed over 350 or built up 440 in a "old" car.In your opinion you think they're going the way of the dinosaur.Old timers and young guns alone will tell you that the market for repopped parts and hop up goodies has never been bigger, just like it is with the imports.I used to drive a early 70's roadrunner w/a 318.nothing special under the hood,new cam and head rebuild and a k&N airfilter,thats it.I have never had any problem w/keeping up any honda or toyota.Either the cars were all bark and no bite or just stupid ass inexpierenced little punks that mommy n daddy buy them a car and they rice it out.Like i said i respect putting your all into a car,any car,and making that *** haul ass,but ricers seriously give you guys a bad name.  

hemihead426-.
New User
Posted: 01/29/08 08:09 AM

Also your idea of giving a ''tuned car''and muscle car the same hp to wheel ratio and expecting to get a fair match .WTF it doesnt take a genius to fig that one out.It's unfair to one car or the other.ive never heard of a more stupid argument in favor of imports or tuned cars,not trying to be a dick or make enemies but come on man if you turn wrenches for a living you should know this.  

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/29/08 08:25 AM

That's exactly my point, though! Idiots like, lldjslim, made comments with out those facts and really talk out of their bung holes. Even a mildly built Civic or Sentra, with... lets say... 300 to 325 hp, could take a Domestic on a road course. Drag racing aside, when it comes to pure talent behind the wheel and a properly tuned import, as I mentioned, there is no competition. My comments don't offend those domestic lovers that see what's been done to imports in the name of speed. It only offends ignorants and the uneducated that most likely never raced against a real tuned import. You dig?! I like domestics too, but for an advantage in fuel and fun factor, domestics just don't have it for me. General Motors has been the only one to seriously address that fun factor issue and produced the Cobalt and others in that genre' with the Cobalt plat form. And still it does not compare to the imports...! Now we're debating... this is fun and educational!!!  

hemihead426-.
New User
Posted: 01/29/08 08:40 AM

Its a blast,true an oldie handles like an elephant on rollerskates,in stock form,just like your little cars we too have the capabilities of improving handling for a road course.Ive recently been looking into a company that replaces everything from the k member forward w/coil springs disc brakes ,better bushings and lighter control arms,basically everything up front.Old mopars like mine when rebuilt properly and modified will handle just as smoothly as ANY car manufactured.Regardless of weight or h.p.But youre trying to make a comparison on something that is just ridiculous.You cant put the two in the same class and argue mine is better because that is an unfair advantage,Your cars were designed to do what they do, mopars were designed to kill fords in a straight line  haha. Its like comparing freightliner to a speed boat,there is none.But you should still be cautious none the less.  

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/29/08 08:41 AM

To keep it simple for you.
1) A tuner is some one like me or you or civic.slow who really sees what it takes to build an engine to its utmost. We're not the type to be satisfied with just a cold air intake and an exhaust and call it a day. Both Domestics and imoprts benefit from a serious "TUNER". I know you are following 'cause you do pay attention to what's said. I don't mean that sarcastically, either, it's a compliment to your inteligence.
2) A "RICER" is a person that only slaps on accesories... and we all know about those don't we... and believes that looks means fast. They dress up their engines with brightly colored crap and foux equipment that really does nothing in the way of horse power.
I don't insult those kids at all...! We, as real tuners, have a civic duty to put them in their place by educating them. Whether by racing them or teaching them their mistakes in judgement. It keeps tuners at their best and ricer numbers low. Domestic cars have their market and yeah there are some impressive old power house domestics out there... but you can't compare a truely tuned import with a heavy domestic.  

Curtman
New User
Posted: 01/29/08 10:07 AM

I'm a civic lover but I have to agree with hemihead on the apples to oranges point. I any real racing circuit you would be racing against cars in the same class wether it is V8s to I4s or N/A to forced induction. There are also weight limits to alot of these circuits. I also agree with Black monkey on his tuner point. You need to actually dig into the engine, program the ECU or adjust cam timing to call your self a tuner because then you are TUNING the engine  
- I love Mugen!

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/29/08 10:40 AM

Again, that is exactly my point entirely. This comment of mine only goes for those ignorant people who think differently than what you and I know already. It is apples to oranges. The point is well proven so far. Go see what the defunct lldjslim has posted and tell me the dude is not a complete moron. It's those kind of dummies that I'm targeting.
Hey hemihead426, that's cool what you said about Mopar (chrysler) and Motorcraft (Ford) products. When it comes to those two companies, I prefer Mopar!!! They were always more exotic looking to me, as far as the older stuff is concerned. The newer stuff is none too bad either.  

hemihead426-.
New User
Posted: 01/29/08 01:18 PM

Man,id love to see the stuff your wrenching on .Any pics?
Dont forget you can also "tune"vintage stuff also,if thats the way you guys are putting it.After market ignition,efi etc....even blueprinting a bottem end is prob.just as intricate as an import.But thats the beauty of the old stuff SIMPLICITY. It doesnt take much to hit a 400-700 hp range and still have a street legal, running on pump gas car.I think thats why i love em ,i hate working on anything with an intricate computer.On an old car if you get a check engine light its a breeze to figure it out,newer a fart in the wind will set those dummy lights off.But no, i seriouusly give anyone who takes a car and has abasic desire to make that beast fly,a lot of credit.its when form doesnt equal function is when i lose it.  

123 Last

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP