Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order
Sticky Thread

Super Street Ride Of the Month

automotivejtm-#001
Administrator
Posted: 07/24/07 03:25 PM

Check it out!!! New to the site.  Super Street ROTM. Think your rides got what it takes to be Super Street Online's Ride of the Month?

http://rideofthemonth.superstreetonline.com/

130 Ss Rotm Large

You could win a t-shirt from superstreetonline.com and your entry could be featured in an article about your ride.

Submit your contest entry and photos about your outstanding ride and we'll choose the top three entries and feature them in an online article and send each winner an superstreetonline.com t-shirt.  

carcass
Enthusiast
Posted: 07/24/07 03:31 PM

Nice but why didn't they just choose from this site?  
Q.  
President: www.SpeedSyndicate.net _ _
www.facebook.com/qahhaar _ _ www.myspace.com/qahhaar

automotivejtm-#001
Administrator
Posted: 07/25/07 01:03 PM

ROTM and Readers Rides are 2 separate entities, but I think eventually we will be merging them into one.  

carcass
Enthusiast
Posted: 08/01/07 11:32 PM

So what's the word on the competition?  The deadline for last month ended and I don't see any winners.  Do they plan on posting the winner for last month?

Q.  

automotivejtm-#001
Administrator
Posted: 08/02/07 02:48 PM

Yeah, we didnt get it set up till the end of July (already past the last submission date, the 22nd),  The first official month is August. All entries that were submitted in July will be rolled over to August's contest.  

carcass
Enthusiast
Posted: 09/09/07 09:24 PM

So do I win a t-shirt and an online article???
Q.  

carcass
Enthusiast
Posted: 09/12/07 03:44 PM

Icon Quoteautomotivejtm:
Yeah, we didnt get it set up till the end of July (already past the last submission date, the 22nd),  The first official month is August. All entries that were submitted in July will be rolled over to August's contest.

So when do I get a t-shirt and an online article for winning the ROTM contest for August???  Am I being ignored because I won with a Saturn?  LOL!! Just kidding.
Q.  

LadyEmily
New User
Posted: 09/12/07 04:38 PM

Hey, can I submit my bf's car for him?  
smart people make COMPLEX things SIMPLE - stupid people make SIMPLE things COMPLEX  -DKS

carcass
Enthusiast
Posted: 09/21/07 04:35 PM

Got any new info for me yet???

Q.  

automotivejtm-#001
Administrator
Posted: 09/24/07 02:36 PM

Last I heard they were running everything through legal... I will let you guys know when I get an update.  Please bare with us through this rough start up!  

carcass
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/04/07 09:26 AM

Icon Quoteautomotivejtm:
Last I heard they were running everything through legal... I will let you guys know when I get an update.  Please bare with us through this rough start up!

I got robbed!!!  Even though my Saturn won fair and square, you guys didn't even list it as a winner and are denying me my prize.  But as you already know, I totally expected this as Saturns are the baaastaard children of the sport compact world.  What more proof is needed to show that this mag is biased against Saturns?

Q.  

automotivejtm-#001
Administrator
Posted: 10/04/07 05:53 PM

Although I had very little say in any of this, Onlione voting was not the only criteria

"After the close of the Online Voting period, the Sponsor will select the top twenty (20) Gallery Entries as determined by the total eligible public vote score for each Gallery Entry. To determine the winners, the Sponsor will then judge the said top twenty (20) Gallery Entries using the following criteria: online voting score 50%, vehicle modifications 15%, creativity 15%, interior style 10% and exterior style 10%."

Taken from http://rideofthemonth.superstreetonline.com/ContestRules/index.html  

carcass
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/04/07 06:52 PM

Icon Quoteautomotivejtm:
Although I had very little say in any of this, Onlione voting was not the only criteria

"After the close of the Online Voting period, the Sponsor will select the top twenty (20) Gallery Entries as determined by the total eligible public vote score for each Gallery Entry. To determine the winners, the Sponsor will then judge the said top twenty (20) Gallery Entries using the following criteria: online voting score 50%, vehicle modifications 15%, creativity 15%, interior style 10% and exterior style 10%."

Taken from http://rideofthemonth.superstreetonline.com/ContestRules/index.html

I guess you haven't looked at at my car then.  Otherwise it would have been overly obvious that I won.  You forget that I had a score of over 8 and the next runner up, which was also a Saturn might I add, had a score over 6.  After him it dropped to below 4.  It was a landslide victory with 2 Saturns at 1st and 2nd so the magazine staff got all pissed off and screwed us.

Honestly, the only reason I'm upset is because it was so obvious what they did.  I couldn't care less about winning the shirt.  The online article would have been nice but I already have that on my own website at www.speedsyndicate.net.  In addition I write for LA Auto Guide magazine as well and can do articles on my own car.  It's the principle of the matter that bothers me.  Does Super Street have no shame?  Are they that scared that a Saturn could actually hold it's own in the sport compact world?  I guess this just goes to show that I'm doing something right and it's scaring people.

I entered the July contest and won but you didn't have it set up yet and rolled all the entries over to August.  Then I also won the August contest and this is what happens.  You can see my entry here and please feel free to make comparisons to the 2 cars that "supposedly" won for August.  I have nothing more to say.

http://rideofthemonth.superstreetonline.com/gallery/11/1996/saturn/s-series/145967.html

Q.  

carcass
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/06/07 09:56 AM

I thought I'd add the link to my Super Street Online profile just to pour a bit of salt and lemon juice into the wound of Super Street's obvious bias.

http://rides.superstreetonline.com/ride/1000982/carcass/1996/saturn/s-series/index.html

Q.  

JasonS2K
New User
Posted: 03/25/12 01:13 PM

OMG! i want a free t-shirt lol Grin  
JasonS2K

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP