Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Tour 2007?

Riot
New User
Posted: 02/08/07 07:19 AM

I am getting some people together from Boston to meet you guys in Jersey for the 2007 tour, are there any dates or info?

If not when could we see that?  Just trying to plan ahead, thanks.  

boostedrsxs
Guru
Posted: 02/08/07 11:55 AM

last I heard nothing was set in stone.  I will post stuff I get it.  

Riot
New User
Posted: 02/15/07 07:44 AM

Thanks  

B$Crane
New User
Posted: 03/07/07 10:39 AM

A friend of mine that I go on the tour with every year just mentioned to me that he picked up the new mag and it has an article about who wants to lead the tours this year. And the new starting locations are Birmingham AL and Greensburo NC. on sept 13. Does that mean that the tour will only be a one day thing (thursday the 13th), from NC to ATL? If so, is anythign different gonna be happening on Friday the 14th? Im just confused, and pretty bummed, if this is true since it was so much fun having a 2 day tour with an overnight at the Greensboro hotel.

Is the tour just losing steam? Is it going to eventually just fizzle out?  

Tour
New User
Posted: 03/08/07 03:47 PM

The Tour has changed quite a bit in the past few years and that is why we are trying to do something a little different. We are going to do the Thursday overnight parties at both locations and then do a one day drive on Friday. Reason for this is we are going to concentrate our resources to make the Thursday overnight parties be huge. We're still going to have lunch stop on Friday and as always the lap around the track once we get to NOPI.  This year though we are opening it up to local car clubs to do their own un-official legs and we will help promote it for them. We're also looking into getting cameras out to these unofficial legs so we can get pictures to run in the magazine. If you interested in becoming and unofficial leg send an email to tour@primedia.com.  

ElitedrivenGS-#002
New User
Posted: 03/08/07 04:12 PM

I'm in Birmingham I can't wait!! PM me if I can help in anyway.  

nicnac_k20a2rider
New User
Posted: 03/15/07 05:17 PM

Frown  4 yr tour junkie, but this year i was disapointed. I don't think it was as fun as the years past. And as far as the Tour coverage, i seen alot of the feature cars in the pics of the tour, but none of the cars that hope to be covers some day. Some wrenchers look forward to that one little pic. were there car might be in it. granted the more impressive cars are the ones that the readers love to see, but the ones that aren't feature cars are also your readers and like seeing there progress in the hottest import mag in the U.S. So give em a break and put a few beaters in there and give the little guys hope. Go Wild with it This year guys, It could change the outcome of the tour for years to come. Lots of talk about this year being the year that keeps or loses tour junkies like myself. Blow it out of the water, and keep the tour alive.  

B$Crane
New User
Posted: 03/19/07 05:55 AM

I completely agree with the post above!

"Go Wild with it This year guys, It could change the outcome of the tour for years to come. Lots of talk about this year being the year that keeps or loses tour junkies like myself. Blow it out of the water, and keep the tour alive."

We are all still looking forward to it, and will continue no matter what. We would all just liek to see something that really makes this tour stand out. Something that may usher in a whole new generation of tour goers!  

Ash33
New User
Posted: 03/20/07 08:29 AM

Better Not be cancellin' the North Leg Tour... I was depressed enough already that Nads wasn't there this year... Besides,, I don't see how you could cancel the leg that every member of SS mag. says is always the best tour leg to be on...

I know,, It's all because Kelly wasn't there this past year to dance with Jonny so now he's mad and taking it out on us...  

jqturbo
New User
Posted: 06/15/07 11:54 AM

You guys keep doing it big every year! Don't let them have an excuse to ax the leg from you all like they did to us in the South. No love for the South since 2005!  Confused

We have our unofficial tours with many cars from all parts of FL, but not the same without Super Street. Maybe one of these years they'll decide to come back.  

KassanovaSTi
New User
Posted: 06/15/07 02:20 PM

Yeah, But that doesnt mean we can go big this year in the South. We are gonna prove to the Super Street People that we can still organize a nice Leg to Nopi, then maybe they will come back and show us some love.

If there is anyone interested in going to NOPI from the south and they wanna join the Unofficial South Tour, Please PM "jqturbo" or me and will will be happy to provide you with details. As of right now, we are trying to basically a Manifest, or list of cars that will be joining our tour, this way we can show this to Super Street and help us organize. YOU know What they say, "The More, The Marrier!"  

arab240
New User
Posted: 06/27/07 03:03 PM

hey guys my name is dave hows it goin im new to the board. but i live in the detroit michigan area and i hav a huge list of cars and friends that would love to go on tour. right now as we speak my nissan 240 is having an engine transplant and a whole ton load of other goodies that i worked soo hard over the winter to get. ive been planning this trip since april and cant wait too check out all the sweet cars. anyhow if anyone's intersted to join us from the michigan area or meet somewhere close by email me at arabamer2004@hotmail.com  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP