Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

cheap tuners

Shane-O-Mac
User
Posted: 09/14/09 05:12 AM

You guys suck, RB monster howls in the lunar drenched night for me too. 280zx rb26 swap! SWEETNESS!  
TERTLE POWER!

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 09/14/09 03:16 PM

We suck, but we suck good... that didn't come out right... LOL! You know what I mean! Smile  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

Shane-O-Mac
User
Posted: 09/14/09 09:36 PM

Eww.  
TERTLE POWER!

raceratheart
User
Posted: 09/15/09 04:53 PM

hahaha, Wink I looked at a 200sx with the cd20 in it. Is it really that fast?  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 09/16/09 04:17 PM

cd20? Only 3 engines were put into that car for U.S versions, the ca20e, ca18de and vq30. It was the same engine as the one in the Maxima of that year. It depends on who builds them properly.I saw a ca18de pushing 290hp at eh races in Puerto Rico, only to blow up at the end of the track... I giggle at that mishap, but the dude tried. He made the light at mid 12s. Not bad, even if he did blow the engine. Properly done, it can make decent power, but I don't know how reliable it becomes. The ca18 and ca20 don't take too well to major power upgrades. There's only so much room to play with on those engines. Mine is at 160hp and it still makes me fix things on it when I drive it. It's a high maintenance little engine. 8 plugs on a 4 banger doesn't mean great reliability. LOL!  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

youngbuck16
New User
Posted: 02/06/10 03:03 PM

im 16 and im getting my first car in july. I love tuner cars and have a drag strip down the street from me. Also my dad is giving me $5,000 and im going to be making about another $5,000 by july so what r some cheap fast cars that i could by and fix up????  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 02/07/10 11:38 AM

First, don't get caught up in all the hype of tuning if your going to nickel and dime it to death. Money makes power, if that's what you want. $10Gs is a good start to a good build, but it takes a good foundation to start with. Look for a decent car with minimal needs and start from there. Hondas are plentyfull as are Nissan and Toyotas. Subaru and Mitsubishi do well, too. Find what fits you, though, then see what you can do to it. That's all I can give as far as advice on what to start with. The door is open to your interpretation after all that initial stuff. Set a goal and a plan and stick to the plan.  
Educate, don't hate.

project SXZ
User
Posted: 02/07/10 01:35 PM

s13's are realy flexible cars (usage wise)you can do almost anything you want with them (aside from mudding and flying of course lol)they are realy light too. but like rapido said whatever floats your boat.  
VG30E powered S13

volsfan
New User
Posted: 04/08/10 10:33 AM

I got a decent Protege5 and I got a job and make payments and do everything...Im only 17  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 04/11/10 07:26 AM

Way to go, bro. Hard work makes for a responsible person. The Mazda P5 is cool. Some of those Mazda cars come with little turbos stock. The things that make it go VROOM!
Smile  
Educate, don't hate.

deskrad
New User
Posted: 04/12/10 11:26 AM

im 19 bought a 00 civic ex with 4 grand cash. didnt own a car untill then cuz i saved up its hard to pay for parts now but im doing it myself. it sucks when i see kids driven there slammed rx8 when i know they didnt pay for one damn part of it  

Shad009
New User
Posted: 04/13/10 01:03 PM

Bought my Talon for $1,500, have around 8 grand worth of parts under the hood, laptop hookups and all that great *** just need to replace front bumper and get a new motor after i blew mine. So theres a good start, hunt down some 95-99 eclipse or talons, I've noticed the car itself runs a pretty low price range and looks damn nice goin down the road, but parts wise your looking at a *** for em. Standing price on motors for mine is about 1,600 for the motor alone and it's just a standard sideways 4 banger, 2.0, non-turbo. Not to mention the tranny on those models has an issues with slipping from what I've noticed, but can easily be fixed. But yeh, try those models as a start, i quite enjoy mine. And don't worry i know what youmean by payin for it yourself, i bought mine without any help from mommy or daddy (did get some help from a guy runnin a red and totaling my 01 stratus though xD)  

justin-vr4
User
Posted: 04/13/10 07:36 PM

Icon Quotedeskrad:
im 19 bought a 00 civic ex with 4 grand cash. didnt own a car untill then cuz i saved up its hard to pay for parts now but im doing it myself. it sucks when i see kids driven there slammed rx8 when i know they didnt pay for one damn part of it

I have to say, got a lot more respect for you and your civic than those spoiled kids and their boring prepaid cars

as mentioned, talons and eclipses can be found cheap. I got my 90' tsi awd for $1,200 back in 2004  
----
1994 GTO Twin Turbo
nothin wrong with front-wheel drive, I just refuse to own one

Shad009
New User
Posted: 04/14/10 07:59 AM

yep. they are cheap, and like my 19 year old ass, a talon is a very easy thing to get on your own and to work on on your own (plus the damn things are fun as hell, drop 0-80 in about 2 blocks without a problem haha). Just dont piss of a redneck racing em like i did, and nobody will take a hammer to your oil pan while your havin a party  Wink  

87mcarlson
New User
Posted: 11/05/13 04:25 PM

Maybe you might want to take a trip back to high school so that you can learn how to spell simple words such as supposed (not soposed), probably (not probly), and the proper use of the word there and their. Stay strong kid that needs a cheap tuner car. Post some pictures of it once you get it, and ill take a look at it..........................................................................................................myself.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP