Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

cheap tuners

Z33GTR
New User
Posted: 08/11/06 02:40 PM

We’ll be producing our own products. For engines, drive train, suspension, brake kits and exhaust. We’ll also import some other products not sure what though. Manufactures we’re working on now are Ford, Chevy, Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota, and Mitsubishi. Can’t tell which cars though but its fun what we’re doing. We have a lot of work to do before we have a website. We’ll like to have a lot of the R&D done, so we can have our products on the market. Once we have some of the products done we’ll release a site. Thank you for your time, HGI.  

The_Scattareggia
User
Posted: 08/12/06 06:09 PM

Sounds pretty chill.  Make sure and post that link when you get a website.
The Scattareggia  

cj1977
Enthusiast
Posted: 08/13/06 08:27 AM

Quote:

Well yeah,
the Supra would probably be a little bit too much, but an '89 Supra would go for about $5k.

Ok, now a few things about your grammar.
1. When the number is single digits you write it out like this : two not 2 as you wrote in your first sentence.
2. Capitalize the I's when referring to yourself.
3. Capitalize the first word of every sentence.
4. Insurence isn't a word.  Insurance is though.
5. U isnt a word.  You is.
6. Use commas appropriately.
7. Your grammar and syntax in general is retarded.

Go away.

The Scattareggia

When ever you receive negative reponses you attack the person's grammar and not the issue.  This is getting annoying and it's not good debating on a forum page.  I am begining to think you are some little nerd with out a car and working at a Jiffy Lube.  

The_Scattareggia
User
Posted: 08/13/06 08:32 PM

I don't even remember writing that.  Whatever, that was over 100 posts ago so it doesn't really matter.  The thread was kinda dead anyway.  Probably suggesting a Supra was a bit stupid, so my bad.  Some little nerd?  No, I just like when I don't have to decode what people are trying to say.  It's stupid that someone just can't type out their damn words.  As for the Jiffy Lube comment, not far off.  Except that it's a non-chain privatly owned shop that does normal alignment, oil changes and smog tests but is also starting to do performance modding in an add-on that they completed a few months ago.  This is where I work.  There satisfied?  Oh and I'll keep the grammar correcting to a minimum unless the post is rediculous.  Then I'll rage on them.
     The Scattareggia  

pepedlux
New User
Posted: 08/30/06 04:39 PM

I have to say, it can be really hard to balance a love a tuning and school at the same time. I'm doing my best to try and get into the tuning scene even though I'm a) Currently carless :-(  and b) a full time student at a really demanding college. To the original poster, don't give up hope. First order of business is: get a car. It doesn't matter what the hell it is, though these guys are probably right in suggesting a Civic because (let's face it) Hondas are *** reliable. Just find something you love, and start working on it. If you need to ask for help from a a parent or a friend, that's totally fine, just make sure that you're working on YOUR car, and not letting someone else call the shots with your baby. Also, even if you don't end up getting a car, look for tuner shops or mechanics in your area and head down there. Just walk in and talk to somebody. If they're half-decent guys, they'll talk to you. If not, you probably don't want to work for them or have them working on your car. If you can find time, get a job working on cars or hell even lawnmowers, just so you can get a feel for the inner workings of the beauty that is the Internal-Combustion Engine. The more you know, the more fun you'll have working on cars. But most of all, don't be a *** Just put in some hard effort into trying to get into the tuning scene, and you'll do fine. Remember, you've got the rest of your life to tune autos, so if things don't go perfectly to plan in a month, don't sweat.

Good luck and have fun!

-PepeDLux  

nissannut-#001
New User
Posted: 09/05/06 03:06 AM

are you from Oshkosh WI?  

jess240SseXy
New User
Posted: 01/16/07 01:47 PM

Good luck getting started, but it's probably going to be hard to find a supra in your price range. The easiest and probably cheapest to modify is going to be an older honda, acura, or nissan. Basically what everyone else has told you, I myself am partial to the 240sx.  

jess240SseXy
New User
Posted: 01/16/07 02:06 PM

My perception of the tuner lifestyle is living for your car and the rush as you accelerate (drag) or the flying felling in your stomach as you drift around a corner (drift...).  

I hope this is what he was talkin about too. Thats a good justification for calling tuning a lifestyle. But, I do agree. If your car is your life, and your hobby basically( or one of them), then I guess it really is a lifestyle. I don't know...  

gear_grinder
New User
Posted: 01/20/07 05:55 PM

i'm 18 and have a 1987 mazda rx7 turbo and i paid $1500 for it w/ bad clutch, i pay for insurance and all the repairs i do my self because there is know one who knows how to work on rotarys in hicks-vill michigan, its a little bit of a pain having to wait for parts to be shiped in all the time but the best thing i can tell you is that have a back up car if you get into any kind of serious tuning.  my car has been down for months at a time because i cant get the right parts or i get stuck on somthing and i have to wait untill i figure it out, because i am the only one in my family mechaincaly minded.

The goddies on my 7 are
-full 2.5 custom mandrel bent exhaust from down pipe (no converters)
-hks intake filter w/ adaptor
-stage one organic exedy clutch kit
-obx 10.3mm spark plug wires

this has just got me bitten w/ the tuning bug and now i cant wait till i get some more money and start doing some serious upgrades.  

bouncerboytimmy69
New User
Posted: 06/11/07 08:15 AM

i think everbody is over analizing what this kid is saying, he just wants a carto tune, plain and simple. in answer to your question, i think another post had the best idea, save up, look locally and look for older stuff, theres more parts out there and some people know the best or cheapest set up for the car, thats a big benefit with older cars, since they have been around longer, people know their way around them.  

fearchunkybacon
New User
Posted: 08/01/07 09:28 PM

Okay to the original post i have the same exact problem with being young and having little to spend on a first car.  My dad raced baja when i was young so i am no stranger to a wrench to some of you older guys.  What i plan to do is since i have a full time job making 10.50 an hour ima buy a nissan 240sx either 1989-1993 or so and tune that either buy swapping the stock motor for a sr20de or somethin if i can find one which on the nico forum they have a few for sale for about 1000 bucks then ill go from there im really into drifting and thats my main focus for this car.  I would have just got a street bike but livin in vegas my parents dont think its safe u know the story well i hope u find a car and me too so let me know but i think that a 240sx would be best. Rx-7, eclipse, supra, are really to expensive.  I cant wait to go to sema this year. get a lot of ideas from that place. peace  

hkautom
New User
Posted: 09/27/07 11:39 AM

well if you got like 1500 to spend, and you stil have a ride to school and such.  i would recommend a dc2 integra or even a DA, their both good starters.  i know the dc2 may cost a bit, but look for a salvaged one, and build it from there.  itll be a good project car, i was going to do it myself for a track car, but just dont have enough time to go through with it.  

aslinsibel
New User
Posted: 09/06/08 12:04 AM

Its is  one of the best  way because the students may also say some money in their transport field that they wont disturb their parents to give the lot of money.
=======================================================
aslinsibel

Used cars  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 09/06/08 11:08 AM

With so many cars to choose from I can't beleive that it's so hard to choose. Is this generation of new drivers showing signs of being lazy? Foot work, people! Test drive, look around (window shop) and move off of your buns. You all know what's good and yet you want more oppinions. The Japanese market for autos is ripe with high quality, reliable cars that can be tuned or driven as daily drivers. All you have to do is do the leg work and see what it is YOU like.
Your taste is what matters. If I recommend the licourish flavoured fish and I said that it was the "bBOMB" and you tasted it and almost puked, would my oppinion be right to you? Evey one here has given a slew of good cars to choose from. All you have to do now is to, like I said before, get off your A$$E$ and do the rest of the leg work! I sounded mad, didn't I? LOL! I'm not but I am real about what I said.  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

2000-Honda-civic-si
Guru
Posted: 09/07/08 11:43 PM

original post:
Posted: 08/11/06
02:40 PM

not to take away from your rant Smile, but i sure hope to god he's found a car by now  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP