Super Street Network

FORUMS

123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

cheap tuners

importsrule
New User
Posted: 04/24/06 08:37 AM

I'm 15 and I'm realy into the tuner life style. My problem is I need a cheap tuner car because I have to pay for it myself.  

Orpheus1985
New User
Posted: 04/24/06 09:48 AM

Start off by not multi-posting.  

importsrule
New User
Posted: 04/24/06 11:26 AM

I was just trying to get some ideas  

Orpheus1985
New User
Posted: 04/24/06 11:30 AM

Oh I know, I'm not being an ass or anything, I'm just sayin a lot of people find posting the same thing in more than one category irritating.  I'm not pissed or anything, just lettin you know.  Welcome to the forums!!

look for older body styles.
some to look out for:
toyota supra
mazda rx-7
mazda mx-6
nissan 240sx
nissan 180sx
nissan 280zx

All of those have a lot of potential and if you get the older body styles, theyre a lot cheaper  

importsrule
New User
Posted: 04/24/06 11:34 AM

sorry and thanks also where else did I post on this site  

amil5927
User
Posted: 05/05/06 08:14 AM

don't bother...

your not gonna be able to afford to tune it...

especially if you have to pay for it yourself  

cj1977
Enthusiast
Posted: 05/05/06 03:22 PM

Quote:

I'm 15 and I'm realy into the tuner life style. My problem is I need a cheap tuner car because I have to pay for it myself.

You first problem is that you think it's a life style.  Is this what the media is teaching young people today?  

Mustangs_4_ever
Enthusiast
Posted: 05/06/06 09:47 AM

most kids in high school that are soposed tuners have their mommy and daddys pay for the parts on there car and probly never toched a dam wrench in their life  

OptionD
User
Posted: 05/06/06 10:01 PM

Quote:

most kids in high school that are soposed tuners have their mommy and daddys pay for the parts on there car and probly never toched a dam wrench in their life  

Hey, I had some idiot ask for a set of points for his 2002 truck. I could only wounder about his kids.  

2000_Celica_GTS
New User
Posted: 05/28/06 01:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah man you right mostly! (MOST, Not all)

I'm 16, I payed for my own car, $1400, I pay my own insurance, I work on my own car, yes my father dose help me since i'm 16 and i'm not a machanic like him. But I do most of the work myself.  

kidznureye
New User
Posted: 06/11/06 10:52 AM

hey dont listen to these *** on here who try and make you feel little because you said its a lifestyle. They're idiots. and if you're looking for a cheap tuner car to get started on anyone can find a clean 92-95 civic, and pour their wallets into it. But if you want to be differant get something like a 90-93 celica or something a lot of people dont see with mods done.  

mynew1987300zx
User
Posted: 06/14/06 01:59 PM

i agree with Mustangs 4 Ever MOST 16 year olds have never picked up a wrench to work on a car but if your really into tuning cars then first try to get a job as a mechanic asistant to get you started by learnig the basics then geting more detail into the cars then save up your pay checks and buy what ever car you like but i would go with a older model honda, nissan, mazda, acura, what ever. then put your money into it.  

Nissan300kid
User
Posted: 06/14/06 08:30 PM

whether or not that may be, its a generic statement. its probably true but lets not be steriotypical. i know plenty of cases with kids like that who expect like z33's and evo8s as their first car without picking up a cent on their own. yet i am stuck still saving for a car and once i can afford it, my entire paycheck will be going into insurence and maintenence. (and yes, i may not be too old but i know the difference between a cam shaft and crank shaft, where as ppl like that dont know what an air filter is or why it is neccesary to change the oil .. if you catch my drift)

anyway to the point - let him get what he wants. he is OBVIOUSLY new and probably doesnt know much about cars, but hey who are we to turn him away? he may get real into it or he may decide to forget about cars. if we start thrashing the kids there will be no younger generations carrying on the traditions! ( maybe thats a litle dramatic but you get it  Tongue )  

madmcfred
User
Posted: 06/21/06 08:20 AM

yea i agree plus all of you people that are thrashing on him were at his point when u first started out so cut him some slack ok. I wouldnt go with a celica for a first car though not as reliable as say a civic. the reason why people dont want to mod them is they see a lot of girls that own one and there isnt as many parts compared to other cars plus the supra is a lot better lol  

123 Last

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP