Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

v8 vs civic??

tjamz
User
Posted: 04/12/06 01:26 PM

Quote:

Regardless, let's look at it this way; Put the cars on equal terms and give him a turbo with the same boost pressure as yours and an intercooler. No other modifications except what your car has. Would you still win? I don't think so.

Yes I will, I don't think you will find too many stock internal V8's that will handle 25 to 30psi w/o detonating and destroying itself.  

tjamz
User
Posted: 04/12/06 01:29 PM

Quote:

ok lets get somthin straight its not the hp that moves the car its the torgue all hp does is give u top end speed

Lets get something else straight then, you are wrong.  If I launch at over 5252 RPM it is the HP that gets me going, not the torque because 5252 is the point in which tq falls off and HP picks up.  Fortunately I also make 350 tq at the wheels so it doesn't matter quite as much  Shocked  

tjamz
User
Posted: 04/12/06 01:30 PM

(Torque x Engine speed) / 5,252 = Horsepower  

zeroscail
User
Posted: 04/12/06 04:16 PM

my point wasent the hp or tq...i know tq is better...my point this dude wants to put a mustang up against an srt and talk [censored] he wants em both on equil terms. my point was let the stang be forced induction to...i have still beat em...dont think im doggin on mustangs because i know there are some fast one..im just tryin to get my point across

Quote:

give him a turbo with the same boost pressure as yours and an intercooler. No other modifications except what your car has. Would you still win? I don't think so.

ok lets give a stock mustang 17psi of boost and see what happens...  

Mustangs_4_ever
Enthusiast
Posted: 04/12/06 06:20 PM

a stock stang with 17 psi going in to it isnt going to pick up the most power it can cuz if thats all u put on it will acutuly hurt it no way to flow all that air in and get it out and you would probly crack the stock heads and blow the gaskets

and if you are driven a v-8 your torgue doesnt disaper after a certain rpm it goes down but its still thereso if i were to lunch at 5250 rpm i would still have 500 ftlb of tq to sling in your face  

mutant_corn135
New User
Posted: 04/12/06 08:29 PM

Alright, this is going nowhere. I think people on both sides could go all week with this...so let's just make things simple.

In the end, which engine setup,(FF/rare FR I-4 or FR V-8),  is capable of yielding the best car ON THE TRACK in the end? No technical stuff, just a straight answer.  

zeroscail
User
Posted: 04/12/06 08:59 PM

dude in know your tq wont disapear...i diddent say that my point was someone wants the same mods on both cars and i dont think a stock stang would handle 17 pounds of boost verry well...and if i were to launch at 5200rpm my damn tires would go up in smoke....how many cars besides ones built for drag ,launch at that high of an rpm? i know its hell on my clutch but if im racing an awd car i can just ride it out and get just as good launch as the awd...  

zeroscail
User
Posted: 04/12/06 09:04 PM

on a track....ive neaver owned a mustang but lots of peeps told me they dont handle very well.so if it came down to sumfin like, that i dont know..i do know on a track my car beat a porsche boxster..(well not my exact car) but in the car and drivers test..and i belive a coulple others who tested it..  

Mustangs_4_ever
Enthusiast
Posted: 04/13/06 04:10 AM

that wasnt directed to you zero

i have lunched at that rpm and i did a wheel stand till i shifted to 2nd but i usaly lunch at 3000 to 3500 rpm  

tjamz
User
Posted: 04/13/06 04:12 PM

Quote:

and if you are driven a v-8 your torgue doesnt disaper after a certain rpm it goes down but its still thereso if i were to lunch at 5250 rpm i would still have 500 ftlb of tq to sling in your face

Torque doesn't disappear on my car either, I never said it would.  It will go down after 5250....maybe before even, though not as likely, but then if it is built like a typical V8 it will only rev to about 6000-6500 before you need to shift anyways, so it is almost a non-issue.  

mutant_corn135
New User
Posted: 04/13/06 08:51 PM

I didn't mean a mustang, specifically. I was referring to the engine styles in general.

And yeah, lol I'm not surprised at that. The SRT is an awesome car.  

EVO__someday
New User
Posted: 04/14/06 06:16 AM

Dude, You just don't know about the SRT-4.
It is not all about dreams in a fantasy world this mean machine is a nightmare in the real world.  This car is a big threat against any street legal sports car including the Dodge Viper and the Chevy Corvette.

I've seen some of what this little pocket rocket can do.  I know someone at my job that has one and all he did was upgrade his clutch to a Stage 2.

He already eats:

Mustang GT's for breakfast,
Camaro SS's for lunch,
And other domestic sports cars for dinner

And you know what he told me, he said, "I only just seen the begining and this is not the end of what it can do".  He also said, "When he gets done modifing it, it will be pushing almost 400HP+++".

Very scary indeed cosindering this car weighs a little under 2500lbs.  I'm betting he would mop the floor w/ Vipers, Vettes and anything else that gets in his way when he gets it tuned that far.  Sure it will cost him, but thats way cheaper than buying a 80,000+++ Corvette Z06 or a Viper SRT-10.  

Just by looking at his ride makes me want to get an SRT-4 instead of an EVO.  

But the only thing that turns me away from the SRT-4 is its Front Wheel Drive layout.  I'm a sure bet that its suspension is tuned for performance but if it were All-Wheel Drive or Rear-Wheel Drive I'll be sold.

So in my opinion when it all comes down to the end the small compact perfomance cars have the advantage because they can go fast and also save your ass some gas.  

mutant_corn135
New User
Posted: 04/14/06 10:32 AM

I agree with the SRT statement...the mopar car has upwards of 1000hp under the hood. The only real problem is the front wheel slip in higher powered cars, something that's avioded in the rear-drive cars(not just V-8s). It's fixable, yeah, but you have to have some monster front tires to do it.

Regardless, that's still not the point I was trying to make. I didn't mean any specific car. Just the powerplant layouts in general, and not with just a few mods. I'm asking, basicaly, which style has the most potential.(I know, I strayed from that with the comparison of the srt to the mustang. that didn't change the point I was trying to make.)  

Mrturbo
New User
Posted: 07/06/06 12:51 PM

I SAY THAT THE IMPORTS GETS 2, 4 CYL ENGINES TO = A CRAMED ENGINE SPACE. THEN IT MIGHT BE FAIR Grin  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP