FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order
Locked Thread

I HATE CIVICS

cj1977
Enthusiast
Posted: 11/28/05 02:39 AM

Quote:

the thing is though civics were NOT built for speed, horsepower, torque, etc.. they were designed with gas economy and money in mind so why make one fast when it comes down to the exact line doesn't compare with true sports cars? i don't get it

So when did you figure this one out. Maybe you need to relax and forget about what Honda is doing.  

ka_e_240
User
Posted: 11/28/05 02:21 PM

no underpowered civic could beat a 300zx with more power.  unless the driver was a complete [censored] up.  

Nissan300kid
User
Posted: 11/28/05 06:43 PM

Quote:

i think Nissan 300zx is the stupids car ever made...they are slow and heavy and a waste of room...a 600whp Z32 couldn't beat a 400whp Civic...nice and easy...

I HATE NISSAN's  

u are hilarious dude Grin
but seriously dont go round sayin stupid *** statements like that.. u dont have to like them but a civic -200hp will never win .. NEVER EVER EVER lmao Grin even at even hp the civic would still suk plus it is such a broad comparison cuz hp isnt the only key issue, so stop runin yur mouth Tongue  

Neon_guy
User
Posted: 12/01/05 05:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

i think Nissan 300zx is the stupids car ever made...they are slow and heavy and a waste of room...a 600whp Z32 couldn't beat a 400whp Civic...nice and easy...

I HATE NISSAN's  

u are hilarious dude Grin
but seriously dont go round sayin stupid *** statements like that.. u dont have to like them but a civic -200hp will never win .. NEVER EVER EVER lmao Grin even at even hp the civic would still suk plus it is such a broad comparison cuz hp isnt the only key issue, so stop runin yur mouth Tongue

A civic with the same horsepower would actually beat a Z in a straight line cuz it wieghs like 8 people less. However, we all know that there's no such thing as a 400hp Civic that runs.  Grin  

Mustangs_4_ever
Enthusiast
Posted: 12/03/05 10:45 AM

the older cars are made of metal not plastic thats why i would rather have an older one  

flatblackcivic
New User
Posted: 12/03/05 12:47 PM

hell you gotta die sometime!  

cj1977
Enthusiast
Posted: 12/03/05 04:26 PM

Quote:

the older cars are made of metal not plastic thats why i would rather have an older one

So is there a performance reason behind your decision or is it all based on emotion and feelings for the old school way of cars?  

civicking
User
Posted: 12/03/05 06:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So is there a performance reason behind your decision or is it all based on emotion and feelings for the old school way of cars?

no there is no performance reason just stupidity, new "plastics" are stronger lighter and versatile them metal, don't' get me wrong metal IE steel has many uses and its really cool to work with like how its changes molecular structure and such, but new materials like carbon kevlar and such are much better when used in car bodies, and technically anywhere where you need steels strength but you need weight savings.  

Mustangs_4_ever
Enthusiast
Posted: 12/03/05 08:35 PM

metal over plastic metal crunches less and can be repaired easer if i dent a metal panel i can pop it out if i dent a platis one its usally crack or broken in 2 i can find the metal panel in a junk yard for 10 buck if i cant fix it
performence was a reson i choose an old school car  

civicking
User
Posted: 12/04/05 12:08 AM

yeah performance!!! 7.4L 150hp 250lbs torque and 3mpg, new technology stomps everything from the old school. and don't try saying that you can build a new engine bla bla bla because without the computers that designed the parts you would still be making crap power.  

yovanilla
Enthusiast
Posted: 12/04/05 10:36 AM

oh yeah well i hate people.  all you guys can go to hell

haha j/k  
07 WRX TR

tjamz
User
Posted: 12/04/05 02:36 PM

Quote:

metal over plastic metal crunches less and can be repaired easer if i dent a metal panel i can pop it out if i dent a platis one its usally crack or broken in 2 i can find the metal panel in a junk yard for 10 buck if i cant fix it
performence was a reson i choose an old school car

Lets see, you are right you can pop out a dent in metal, but when you go to smooth it out (assuming it creased) you are going to be using bondo, which is......PLASTIC.  Metal tends to bend and keep the shape it bent to, for example if you "ding" a metal bumper the dent will stay.  Ding a plastic bumper and the plastic just pops back into shape.  

civicking
User
Posted: 12/04/05 08:14 PM

the 7.4 thing was just making a stupid example but its not the far off seeing as some of the cars with v8 out of the 80's were crap on power. and yes i know steel has its advantages and disadvantages but him saying that steel is the only way to go is truly stupid not just uninformed, an uninformed person would say "i think steel it the best does anyone have a reason why it would not be good?". but now hey just says its the best period.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP