Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order
Locked Thread

Bring if u have the nutz

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 12/09/09 01:41 PM

Yeah, but only if beaten up. The 5.4 engine that the KR has doesn't seem to have any issues in that department yet and lord knows that there are a ton 5.4s out there. I have yet to do any major work on one. It's all been maintenance work, like oil changes and tune ups. I've seen a lot more SYNC and electrical issues than any thing else. SYNC for Ford is that same as ON STAR for GM. They are both pretty cool systems, but like any thing it has its draw back. Any way, Just to keep things into perspective, any engine will give up its spirit given the right amount of push. Any thing man made is not made to last, innevitably.  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 12/10/09 10:04 AM

the key word you used was yet  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 12/19/09 07:58 PM

You got me. LOL! I did use that word a lot. It's a waiting game with that issue, I guess. The 5.4 liter is a good, tough engine, though. It's being used in the F150/250, police cruisers, Town Cars, Navigators and Excursions and it seems to have a good reputation for reliability. I don't see too many issues that would merrit a bad review of that engine. For the KR, unless it's getting beat up and raced all the time, I really don't see a negative issue relating to engine quality. The jury is still out, though. We'll see. LOL!  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/20/10 06:56 AM

the KR is pretty fast. i will not lie but my Trans Am is beating them still.  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/21/10 07:29 PM

It's all fun no matter what the car, though. Right? LOL! The REAPER is coming to eat the KRs soul... LOL!  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/22/10 09:50 AM

lol. it's all fun for me. it relaxes me and my fiance too.  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/22/10 05:08 PM

I wish my wife would get with the programm. I got into a quarrel over the price of the transmission that my Rav4 needs to run great. It's almost 4Gs, but it's going to be a bullet proof transmission. She's complaining, because the one it has now lasted 13 years. I will agree to that, but for the money I'm going to spend on a transmission, I may as well do it right the first time and not have to worry about what's going to fail due to cheap aftermarket parts. Toyota wants a lot of money for stock parts and for that I may as well build it to my taste. Even steven in my book.Some women just don't get it.  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/25/10 10:07 AM

that's true.  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/28/10 02:16 PM

Update... she relented and is fine with me building the transmission. A week of not speaking to her made her question herself. She's a pharmacist and I'm an automotive technician. I don't know squat about drugs and interactions between the different drugs like she doesn't know squat about how a car works and the quality of parts that need to go into a build. My not speaking to her helped, I guess. LOL! Now I need to take my week of vacation and use it to take apart the transmission from the engine. My job is still insistant on not letting me use a bay to do it, but no biggie. I don't need them. Necesity is the mother of invention. I think I spelled "necesity" right. I'm no scholar. Who cares, right? LOL!  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 01/29/10 09:56 AM

its all good bro. congrats on the win of the battle but not the war  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 01/29/10 05:32 PM

The war? You mean it's not over? It figures...! LOL!  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/11/10 09:38 AM

of course it's not over bro  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 02/11/10 02:50 PM

Leave it to me to think that. LOL! I'm ready. I'm no quitter. After 41 years alive, you would think I would have learned that by now. Sheesh!
Grin  
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 02/18/10 09:29 AM

hell it seems not  

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 02/18/10 01:44 PM

Hey! I'm an old dog, but I can learn new tricks... It'll take a bit, though. LOL!  
Educate, don't hate.

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP