Item Posts    Sort Order
Locked Thread

Bring if u have the nutz

Mustangs_4_ever
Enthusiast
Posted: 03/06/06 05:30 AM

4 bolt main 302 block eagle crankshaft and connecting rods
holly dominator 1150cfm
jegs gear drive(noisy)(best thing u can put on a car)
msd 7a ingnition and msd dist
crane 306-2 cam w/ .520/.526 lift
super victor 8.2 intake
hooker super comp longtube headers
wich will flow into s manual 4 speed then in to a posi rear end
then later a plan on adding 1 pro race fogger systems from Nos that should give it 1200hp w/ the nos and w/ out 725
hopefuly
still lookin for heads that i like but if i cant find any i will make a costum pair

i wam also adding a porcharger supercharger w/ intercooler to my car runnin 17 psi in to it now it should make over 1000hp
SWEET Ooo  

canadianboy
New User
Posted: 04/01/06 07:24 PM

Quote:

Yup. BS. 950hp 302 my ass. Prove it. And slipstream, talking about what your GOING to build is a shitty response. Especially when you talk about how your going to use twin turbos and nitrous to make...500hp. Thats weak. And if all you can get out of a 500hp car, (one that only weighs a ton), is a 4.3 sec 0-60mph, then your weak. 500hp is a joke when you start dealing with built V8s. The new Z06 has 505hp, and its naturally aspirated. With a warranty. And it will last alot longer than a built S2000 motor.

Ok so u think 500 hp out of a 2.0L is crap, well take for instance that that Z06's block is the size of half of the miata, so i should think that they could pull 500 hp out of the (censored) thing, like the car is 2L's big and 500 hp for that is doin pretty well, even though a s2000 motor can eaasily hit that, o and hondas motors are some of the best built motors out there, so i think u should quit runnin ur mouth and get ur facts strait, ya sure a v-8 can hit that, but think f it like this, there are 4 extra pistons to make that power and also, abouot 3L more to.  

DRSLT1
Enthusiast
Posted: 04/03/06 12:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yup. BS. 950hp 302 my ass. Prove it. And slipstream, talking about what your GOING to build is a shitty response. Especially when you talk about how your going to use twin turbos and nitrous to make...500hp. Thats weak. And if all you can get out of a 500hp car, (one that only weighs a ton), is a 4.3 sec 0-60mph, then your weak. 500hp is a joke when you start dealing with built V8s. The new Z06 has 505hp, and its naturally aspirated. With a warranty. And it will last alot longer than a built S2000 motor.

Ok so u think 500 hp out of a 2.0L is crap, well take for instance that that Z06's block is the size of half of the miata, so i should think that they could pull 500 hp out of the (censored) thing, like the car is 2L's big and 500 hp for that is doin pretty well, even though a s2000 motor can eaasily hit that, o and hondas motors are some of the best built motors out there, so i think u should quit runnin ur mouth and get ur facts strait, ya sure a v-8 can hit that, but think f it like this, there are 4 extra pistons to make that power and also, abouot 3L more to.

Honda engines are good engines. Unless you want to make power. After about 250hp or so, connecting rods like to find their way out of the crankcase. That small block Chevrolet in the Corvette (LS7) makes 500hp from the factory. Granted, the two engines are totaly different, and your right, a V8 is not a four banger, so lets compare apples to apples, so to speak:

A stock 2 liter 122 cubic inch 4G63T, found in the Plymouth Laser, Eagle Talon, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mitsubishi Galant VR4, and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution makes anywhere from 200-400hp stock, depending on what application. In order to have a Honda B series or even a K series to handle as much power as the Mitsu powerplant STOCK, it will have to have a forged bottom end, sleeved block, built cylinder head, and completely revamped fuel and ingition system. On the other hand, my Eagle Talon TSi AWD's 4G63 has been known to make 600hp on STOCK internals, and keep it's stock ignition sytem, fuel rail, and most other parts Honduh guys have to upgrade all the way up to 1000+HP.

John Shepherd's 7 second Eagle Talon AWD is currently making 1200hp on STOCK BLOCK and STOCK CRANK. Try that in a Honda.

Your point is moot, move along.  

yovanilla
Enthusiast
Posted: 04/03/06 03:25 PM

vw 1.8t's can make that much power on oem internals, so what?  
07 WRX TR

canadianboy
New User
Posted: 04/03/06 08:53 PM

actually there guy, just a little B-16 can handle around 400 or so hp with stock pistons and rods, the crank can easily handle that, so ur not quite right. pending on the motor but you do not have to do all of that to a honda engine to get it to put out 400hp, maybe in the D16 motor, but the k's and B-18's no way.  

DRSLT1
Enthusiast
Posted: 04/03/06 10:37 PM

Quote:

actually there guy, just a little B-16 can handle around 400 or so hp with stock pistons and rods, the crank can easily handle that, so ur not quite right. pending on the motor but you do not have to do all of that to a honda engine to get it to put out 400hp, maybe in the D16 motor, but the k's and B-18's no way.

You must not know much about Honda engines then. You see, Honda engines are garbage. They have a shitty open deck design that sucks when you make power. Honda rods are like popcicle sticks, and can't take much more than 200-300hp. The K series is their only engine thats worth a damn in terms of strength, but they are so *** expensive to buy (let alone mod) that it's not even worth it. Heres some food for thought: you can go and buy a Honda DART B series race block for $3,000 or so. Just a bare block. They don't even MAKE 4G63 "race" blocks. Why? We don't need that garbage. Our stock engines ARE "race" engines! Muhahaha.  

yovanilla
Enthusiast
Posted: 04/04/06 11:27 AM

b-series engines aren't garbage.  they are, in reality, very good at their intended purpose.  just because they didn't over-engineer the engine doesn't make it worthless.  like they were assuming or even hoping some kids would try and double the power output or something  Smirk  
07 WRX TR

evil-G-nius
New User
Posted: 09/15/07 09:46 PM

Oye. Ok, so the 4g63t stock, is anywhere from 195-210hp stock and can be bumped to 400+ rather easily which will take out pretty much any v8. Not just hp is the thing here...you  gotta factor in power to weight ratios. The reason DMS are so quick and walk all over people is because they are fairly light. The hondas...they just rev high, hp is sos and torque sucks!But they are real light as well. The f22a (S2000 engine) has the highest hp per liter of any car..stock. Not bad for a 4cyl, its higher than a Murcielago and the likes of em. So all the V8 guys that are HATERS...dont stress cuz you know you are not the big dogs anymore. The 4 cyls are putting down the same hp numbers with less work, less weight, and more efficiency. Dont get me wrong, I like the sound of some of the V8's but I am really not impressed by a big displacement car putting out 500+ hp. You give me a little 2 litre and 600+hp...now thats amazing  

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/06/08 09:10 AM

So far I've heard some pretty good stuff from every one. Some need to get real and some are right and are trying to argue whos info is more correct. There are a lot of ways to measure these figures. I've been doing it for 22 years. All of them very accurate. OK? Now... Hey fragmortus, when I'm done with my car I'll let you know on this forum and you can drag against my RB26DETT powered 1987 200sx or rally me against my 1987 Toyota 250whp rav 4. Your choice, dude. I've built some rally engines for cars that have a little over 400whp that have the same 0-60 times. And I owned, and built, a "71" Datsun 240Z pushing over 600whp that went 180mph straight out... midnight runs are fun, just got to keep an eye out for deer!!! Any way, no matter how much horse power you have in a domestic car of that year they are still very heavy cars and needs to have real funny car horse power to match the capabilities a very well tuned import with half the weight and horse power that you claim. Power to weight ratios matters in this case. It's apples to oranges, dude! Even if both cars had the same exact specs, the lighter car would win by shear physics! I'm not knocking your car just your bravado. I actually like the old school muscle. I just wouldn't risk mine, if I had one, againsnt some of the import monsters that I know exsist. Mine including, when I'm done.  

RiceboyTV.webs
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/06/08 06:28 PM

just to put my 2 cents in, it doesnt matter what kind of engine you have fragmortus.....ur a real idiot for making this thread ik I-4's that put out 350 all N/A, that fact that you have a v8 doesnt mean *** either, simply put nobody cares unless they are *** that go around saying "dude your car is soo cool i wanna be just like you, what should i do to my civic to make it like yours man" and gay stuff like that.....i hate ignorant threads and cocky bastards who think bigger/better, i ahve no idea how many times i have to explain that engine size doesnt matter to some idiots out there.....now ik that youve probably already recieved this kind of reply from others considering how long this thread is, but let me say that if i saw you id smack you with a pipe for making me have to waste my life reading on ur pure "bakaaness", so shutup, get off this forum, and go have sex with your v8 since thats the only action you will probably ever get considering your brain capacity...........there....and btw, half what i say is jokingly said so dont be a REAL idiot and come back and reply me getting mad and crap, it shows ur insecure and you have no life to actually come back and reply me(blackmonkey ur getting to me, im posting long ass replys now too)  
Visit us @
Riceboytv.Webs.com

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/07/08 08:26 AM

I'm glad you're here, dude, and very well put, if I say so my self. It's funny that I'm rubbing off on you like that. It shows the passion and inteligence you hold. fragmortus just needs to be educated, just like every V8 hugger out there. It seems that you will end up being my partner in verbal crime. Sorry, fragmortus, but when you have a team of people who don't talk out their corn holes you get to see the true education and technical know how of a Tuner. Get some real specs before you write dribble. And I say that respectfully to educate, not put you down.  

MONOLOCO
Enthusiast
Posted: 01/07/08 08:42 AM

I have an equasion that would help to understand what mr. fragmortus and other V8 huggers don't get;  Experienced driver + well built car ( power to wiehgt, suspension, torgue and the sort taken into consideration) equals fast nimble little car. Power + heavy does not a nimble car make. NASCAR should have taught you some thing about this!!! So yell all you want to and make cars to your hearts content. Just don't talk about what you refuse to understand or accept!!!  

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 12/07/09 09:59 AM

Monoloco i agree with you on that. an experienced driver with a well built car will make a great combination. a inexperienced driver and a high powered car will equal a laughing joke out of most people. i think i will stick with my '02 trans am ws6 performance package with a ls1 and a stillen supercharger for now. it's not much but it gets around 500 horses now. the gas mileage is decent too. the only thing that bothers me is why would someone use a 302 for trying to get serious power under the hood? i truly don't understand that.  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 12/09/09 10:31 AM

Isn't the 302 the 4.6 liter that Ford has? Why waste time on that 302 when he could have easily built a 5.4 and not have to go to extremes with the hardware. The 5.4 is in the GT500KR and it pushes 500+ easily and with just a supercharger. With some small add ons, it can even do more. The suspension would have to be upgraded to handle the added HP, but over all, it's the total package. Not that it would be a KR or any thing, but the non KR 5.4 has the potential to be more than that measly 302. The only import I can see competing with the KR would be a Skyline...
In short, though, the conversation is kinda moot. Who cares about what car has this and who's doing what. As long as it's fun and it's yours... Who cares? Just enjoy the fun of being able to build what you like.
That's my take on it.
Smile  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

MidnightStreetKing
User
Posted: 12/09/09 12:16 PM

the 5.4 is a beast none the less but it also has its limits too.  
you want the best. then face Supreme Legacy. we are truly the best there is.

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP