FORUMS

123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order
Locked Thread

Bring if u have the nutz

fragmortus
New User
Posted: 10/19/05 01:48 PM

i own a v-8 pile so just if ur car redlines at 9k doesnt mean u can reach 195 w/out turbo or super charger its all about raw motor

p.s. i plan on adden NOS Hahahahahaha good luck keppin up Cool  

DRSLT1
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/19/05 03:21 PM

Cool, I love "V8 piles". I've owned quite a few myself, including a 1992 C4 LT1 Corvette, and two G body Monte Carlos. I currently have two DSMs (turbocharged AWD Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers)that are modified enough to take out some V8 cars, minus Z06 Corvettes and the like, lol. Smirk What kind of car do you drive?  

slipstream
User
Posted: 10/19/05 04:16 PM

Quote:

i own a v-8 pile so just if ur car edlines at 9k doesnt mean u can reach 195 w/out turbo or super charger its all about raw motor

p.s. i plan on adden NOS Hahahahahaha good luck keppin up Cool

oh crap nos oh no I'm shakking in my boots, not wtf! First off what type of car do you have, second how much nos and what do you have for an engine? If its a tiny mustang with a little 302 in it pft when I get my car back next week I can smoke your ass! Know you ask why did he say that well, I have a mazda miata 1997 ya that sounds whimpy! But hey listen to this I'm sticking a honda s2000 engine and transmission in it and put two turbos on it and the rest of the deal, it will be putting out 356.7 hp and I'll be putting a shot off 150 nos in that sucker what do you think of that big v8 man? My car is rear wheel drive, oh and I took about 300 pounds off of it, so my car only weighs about half a ton now what? My 0-60 time is going to be about 4.3 seconds can you do that, Oh and a new ferrari can do 0-60 in 3.0 seconds so what does that tell you? I will be doing high tens and low elevens on the quater can you do that?  

fragmortus
New User
Posted: 10/19/05 05:13 PM

its a stroked out 302 makin 950 whp at the rear wheels so [censored] ur little turbos and my quarter is in the 6s w/ a top speed of 195 ( i need more room to get it over 200) and my 0-60 is i dont know the nos is going to be a custom kit u cant get unless i tell u wat parts is in and it should kick out around a 750 hp boost  

DRSLT1
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/19/05 05:26 PM

Quote:

its a stroked out 302 makin 950 whp at the rear wheels so [censored] ur little turbos  

Woah, there guy! No need to crap all over yourself there.... "950whp at the rear wheels". nice. Out of a 302. Care to let me in on the details of the engine? Bottom end components, valve train, ect? I'm curious to see what a 950 hp 302 consists of...

I must say though, I'm calling *** on this one. I don't think that you have anything with 95hp, let alone 950.  

yovanilla
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/19/05 07:19 PM

ok first of all why the hell is anyone talking about 0-60 times?  they dont mean squat and theres no real world way to measure them anyway.

second, 500hp is nothing to scoff at from any engine.  that is alot of power no matter what.  try driving a watercooled 911 turbo s.  sweet jesus.

third, on the 950hp 302 i'm gonna pull out the 'ol Bsflag here.  nobody would use a 302 to build an extremely high hp machine Smirk  
07 WRX TR

yovanilla
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/19/05 08:43 PM

so how many people do you know that have a radar gun and a fast acting hand to accurately use the stopwatch?  because where i come from people go to the drag strip where they have all the right equipment - but they dont measure 0-60.  

0-60 is a time-to-speed measurement, and therefore not as viable as a time-to-distance measurement.  it's too gear-dependant.  plus you may not even get into the real powerband of some cars - the saab viggen for instance does not hit full boost until 3rd gear.

consider this: you could have 2 cars that run virtually identical 1/4 times and traps, but if the first car is geared shorter than the second, he might have to make an extra shift before 60mph where the other guy does not.  so it may "appear" that the first car is slower than the other.  so are you going to tell me the second car is faster?  
07 WRX TR

fragmortus
New User
Posted: 10/20/05 04:33 AM

ok haters i started w/ a ford racing 4 bolt main block that stroked to 347 *** w/ eagle crankshaft and rods.i have forged pistons w/ a 10:1 compression cam has .565/.574 lift w/ a holley dominator carb i wont even tel u my gas millage its sad
and a 302 is all i can fit in there iwould use a bigger motor but i have too use the jaws of life to get it in there  

yovanilla
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/20/05 07:19 AM

oh!  sorry, brain fart. for some reason i looked at "302" and habitually thought to myself "gm 305".  yeah, you can make alot of power with a ford 302.  i still want to see a dyno and track slip from you though  
07 WRX TR

fragmortus
New User
Posted: 10/20/05 10:22 AM

u know wat ill try to get u that slip soon but i have to beg the track owner to get the stuff he needs to measure the 0-60 time cheap ass time, untill then im askin the local cop to help me w/ my 0-60 time thats wat i get for livin in the middle of no where  

yovanilla
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/20/05 10:41 AM

no, it's not a time to distance measurement - because different cars will get to the speed over different differences.  as far as why all the rags use 0-60 times... well i can put it this way - lots of people eat at mcdonalds, but its not cause the big mac is a great burger.  its just sort of a commonality (thank motor trend for this commonality).  

and no, your friend CAN NOT accurately time your 0-60 run from the passenget seat with a stopwatch.  taking your friend out of the equation entirely (we'll assume he's got lightning fingers) it wouldn't matter because all speedometers are innacurate to a point.  

you could argue till you're blue in the face about how 0-60 is a great measurement, but at the end of the day it still wouldn't matter - its just not enough gauge the true power of one car vs the other.  
07 WRX TR

fragmortus
New User
Posted: 10/20/05 03:11 PM

wtf do u mean bs any power level is possible w/ a well bulit v-8  

123 Last

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP