Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

What Is Your Project Car???

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 03/25/09 02:28 PM

The first built Kia... A little SUV, even. LOL! The pages turn and the tuning world is listening! carcass makes a good point about having cojones, 31bravo. You got'em in spades. No doubt! Nice work, though. No one can bother you about the work you put into it. Much props.  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

eros18
New User
Posted: 03/26/09 10:25 AM

I know its common now but I have an EK9 as my first car and first project.

So far the car has:
Carbon Fiber Hood
Mugen Body Kit (dunno if its legit since I bought the car it was installed already)
Apexi Coilovers
Mugen Rims (Fighter RNR)
Sparco Seats
AEM Short Ram Cold Air Intake

The previous owner didn't know much about engines I guess.

Now, I'm replacing the stuff he had in the car.

This is the parts I have so far:
Skunk2 LCA's
Skunk2 Coilovers
DC Lower Tie Bar (My brother gave this to me as a gift)
K20a Swap (pending)  
The quickest way from point A to point B is by going 225mph

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 03/27/09 03:11 PM

Work in progress is never a bad thing, bud. So far so good and you build what you like. That's my motto. I would like to see the finished product some day.  
How you drive is your buisness. Remember that you're not the only one on the road!
Educate, don't hate.

Shane-O-Mac
User
Posted: 03/30/09 12:53 PM

I get what your saying man, but my problem is that I live in WV. The only track is 85 miles away and getting me and all my friends to go that far and have a track day is on the verge of impossibiltiy. I love the feeling i get when i beat them. I kno saying that i beat them on the interstate isnt all that much. Just proud of my lil wana be sports car. But no hate man. Thanx  
TERTLE POWER!

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 04/01/09 03:42 PM

Don't neglect to understand the way things roll with the cops, Shane. If they get you racing on the streets, your car won't be the only thing you lose. I only want to see you continue driving what you like, bud, that's all. If it means a little trip to a track some where, then so be it. It's either spend a little on fuel or lose your car to the cops. Your choice, bud. I don't like to see any one lose their ride to street racing. It may not happen now, but sooner or later it will. I know you work hard to keep up your ride and it would be a waste of your time and money to get involved in such events. I'm only trying to look out for you.  
Educate, don't hate.

Shane-O-Mac
User
Posted: 04/05/09 05:00 PM

I get what you are saying. I was just riding with that guy who has the Teg and he was messin around with our friend in his 95 eclipse, he got clocked at 132mph. 500 dollar ticket and his car got searched. Didnt find anything but it could have been alot worse.  Ive lucked out, other than the wreck i had in my F-150.I was doin 40, hit a patch of black ice, got sideways, ended up in a field that was iced over and hit a tree. Dont miss the truck. Hate the doctors bills.  
TERTLE POWER!

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 04/06/09 03:52 PM

OUCH! I'm glad you're ok. I know about those doctor bills, though. Not fun at all.  
Educate, don't hate.

Shane-O-Mac
User
Posted: 04/16/09 03:13 PM

Not at all. Three CAT scans on my torso, just to say that im perfectly fine.That came to 3985 dollars. My friend got the worse end of the deal. He had to get ten stitches in his chin He hit the windshield. I broke the steering wheel and steering column with my chest. Superman ish. lol! Oh yea. top it off no insuranse which came to 360 dollars and suspension for 90 days.  
TERTLE POWER!

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 04/17/09 07:22 PM

Double ouch! Lesson learned? LOL!  
Educate, don't hate.

2000-Honda-civic-si
Guru
Posted: 04/18/09 11:58 PM

ouch. free health care ftw! Smile i feel for ya though  

Shane-O-Mac
User
Posted: 04/20/09 12:28 PM

Yea definetly. Get to work on a new project car in the time being. Question. How would i permanetly fix pinched rings? I love toyotas and want this celica gt 89. But i dont kno, because i need it to still be a daily driver.  
TERTLE POWER!

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 04/23/09 03:43 PM

Pinched rings? My friend, it's overhaul time. The rings have damaged the walls where they go up and down in and nothing other than a good tear down and a visit to a machine shop will fix it. It gives you a good reason to upgrade the size of the pistons, hint, hint... LOL!  
Educate, don't hate.

Shane-O-Mac
User
Posted: 04/27/09 11:05 AM

thanks for the tip...but scrap ther whole celica thing! For $100 more dollars i can get a Datsun 280zx! I love these cars. My friend was trying to sell his dirtbike, some guy who didnt have the money, traded him for the 280 and now im going to buy it for 800 dollars! Im so freakin excited! It has the back glass canards too.Keeps the muscle look. Just a dream rite now, think an RB26 would fit?  
TERTLE POWER!

s12rapido3
Addict
Posted: 05/02/09 10:05 AM

I like those cars too. I used to have two Datsun 240Zs back when I had no direction. I restored them both and lost them both to one thing or another. One to a 18 wheeler and the other to a car thief, which ended up wrapped around a telephone pole. OUCH! I miss those cars. Now in order to have one you have to go the the outer reaches of the Earth. With luck, you might find one in reasonably good shape. That's why I won't get rid of my 200sx. It's going on 23 years old and when it hits 25... it's a classic! The sky is the limit to the things I can be able to do with it. It won't need emissions or a catalytic converter. I drool at the thought...
Smile  
Educate, don't hate.

2000-Honda-civic-si
Guru
Posted: 05/04/09 12:59 AM

speaking of motor rebuilds, in a chev 400 small block, would it make sense that the rocker arms are wrong if the motor is having a hard time revving and stalls when you try to go? gotta get the vette running so i can drag my friends camaro...  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP