Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

need help on pretty much everything! i gotta learn somewhere haha

iBenji
New User
Posted: 05/22/14 07:47 AM

alright so i just have a ton of questions to ask. im 18 and im probably getting a job here soon to get myself my first car. so, here are a few starting questions:
1. what car would you suggest for upgrading the body/engine and stuff? im seriously VERY new to this but i do know (or i've heard) that civics, mit. eclipses, lancers, and a few nissans are good for upgrading, but what would you guys suggest in my case? for a really cheap new car that wouldnt be too much to upgrade? i want to start with the looks first because power doesnt mean all that much to me yet, and its the most costly. is 1-3k a reasonable amount for a first cheap car to upgrade?
2. how do i even buy the car? haha. used car dealer? search online? ive never had an answer on how i should go about buying a car
3. once i have a car, where do i go to get the fancy bodywork/paint? im sure it cant be as simple as need for speed underground that i used to play when i was 10 haha. should there be a local place that would do body work?
4. now.. im really good with computers. i feel like people talk about their cars how i talk about computers. their engine is my processor, and their body is my case. i have a LOT to learn about cars since it took me years to learn about computers. how do i go about upgrading my car to go faster and have more power? is it the engine as a whole or specific parts or what?
thanks to any and all responses! please dont hate because i know nothing, i mean everyone has to start somewhere right? Tongue  

IIeMachineII
New User
Posted: 05/28/14 08:41 PM

I'm kind of a noob too. I'm 16 but my bro bought a '93 Honda Del Sol for $1,450. It came with a D16Z6 engine, about 125 horsepower. He then put about $5-600 in repairs, including paint(he painted it himself), carpet, leather for the doors (which were pretty beat up. The paint was the most expensive. The Del Sol is a really good car and excellent for modding. If you look it up on youtube it has beat a ferrari 430. Of course, the Del Sol had turbo, V-tech, custom air intake, etc. but the modding isn't too expensive. My brother took his to a shop and they told him that for all that it would run him about $1,200. If you're looking to buy this car or a civic or a hatchback or any car actually, the best place is craigslist. Just make sure you don't get ripped off. Check the mileage, the car runs good and it wont need a new engine :P Just be careful and maybe bring someone who knows more about cars with you. I think you should go with a Honda over others because they're really cheap and you can upgrade the crap out of them even if you're on a budget.
Good luck!  

w81
New User
Posted: 05/30/14 04:22 PM

check out http://zilvia.net/f/forumdisplay.php?f=20 and i'm sure you can find a reasonable car to start off with.  

w81
New User
Posted: 05/30/14 04:22 PM

check out http://zilvia.net/f/forumdisplay.php?f=20 and i'm sure you can find a reasonable car to start off with.  

AUDIos menos
New User
Posted: 07/30/14 08:25 PM

Used bmws and audis are fairly cheap and look classy. Also modifications are cheap too and their very rarely modified making them unique. Take a look at my thread and look at my car if you want an idea of what one can look like.( although i took that picture before i lowered my car but the total price is between 14 and 15 grand to give you an idea.) Also like i said on my thread please give an honest opinion of what you think of it as currently the guys on the audi forums think my cars too fake whereas i designed my car to look like a low profile race car since i do drive on the track. (hence the  sparco seat harness and stiff suspension which are my latest mods not in the picture.)  

AUDIos menos
New User
Posted: 07/30/14 08:31 PM

Whatever you go with i would suggest for your first modification you go with blacked out headlights as even after 3-4 grand of modifications i still think my headlights made the biggest difference. Avoid body kits if you can though as they rarely fit well and are difficult to put on. Also plasti dip and carbon fiber wrap are the cheapest modifications I've made and will cost you maybe 50 dollars a piece but make a drastic difference in your car and best of all are not permanent, so you can try different things.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP