Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Mod The New or Rebuild The Old?

legacy988
New User
Posted: 02/03/14 11:36 AM

Last July, I purchased a 2014 Scion tC. I love the car and have zero complaints about it other than it is stock. I've finally got the job that can afford to modify and I'm ready to begin. However, I'm torn on what to modify. I have the tC that is brand new and still under all of the warranties. My dream is to own/modify an early 90's 300zx though. Would I be better off modifying my tC as the parts become available or buying a <$2000 300zx and rebuilding from the ground up? Any harsh criticism is acceptable.  

Stephen Reynolds
New User
Posted: 04/14/14 08:10 PM

mod the new. the 2014 scion is safer in an accident, has better stability control/abs/traction control systems. it will come apart and go together easier. and you can spend more time enjoying the fruits of your labor. while there is no replacement for displacement and the 90's 300zx will produce more power and be rwd, it will also be a considerable amount more work. a lot of things on a 90's car will have to be fixed and repaired and restored. take the scion, romp on the gas and get a feel for it. strap some form of boost on it, and enjoy almost immediate gratification vs. the project that your other idea would entail.

I want you to understand where I am coming from : http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-project/155822-my-accord-build-carputer-communicating-with-ecu-real-time-tuning.html . I went down the old car route and spent so much time and money replacing worn parts and paint, and I just wanted something to add power to and feel the difference. with a new car, you don't have to worry about a tired motor coming apart under 7 psi. even if the numbers are lower. it will be more fun for a project.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP