Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Looking for a JDM/Tuner to buy. Need Advice

Sketchy
New User
Posted: 01/15/14 01:41 PM

Hi, i'm 20 years old and I live in Canada. I want to get into the tuning scene and I was looking for advice on which cars are a good buy. Right now i'm looking at cars like the Supra MK4, RX-7, Evo 8/9, WRX. This will be my first tuner car. Right now I have a 2008 lancer gts. My budget would be around 15000 any higher would be kinda hard. Thanks in advance.  

Sideways Panda
Guru
Posted: 01/18/14 12:47 AM

All 4 are solid strait out of the factory.  I wouldn't go with the RX-7 unless you are ready to drop some cash if there is anything wrong with it.  Personally I'd love an RX-7, but not as a daily driver.  The Supra might be the easiest to mod if your starting out doing the work yourself.  The WRX will be the easiest to find in good condition for a decent price (or at least it has been in my experience).  

Sketchy
New User
Posted: 01/18/14 11:28 AM

Thanks for the advice Smile. The car that I'm planning to buy will be my daily driver so I was wondering if you have any advice based on that.  

Sideways Panda
Guru
Posted: 01/18/14 07:05 PM

I would definitely not go with the RX-7 then.  To many potential problems if the previous owner didn't take perfect care of it.  The Supra is a better chance of getting one reliable, but the best way to go would be the Evo or the STi.  The Evo will be easier on the maintenance bill because the Boxer style engine in the Subie is less standard.  However, I personally would take the Subie over the Evo, but that just a personal preference and there's plenty of people that would go with the Evo over the Subie.  

Sketchy
New User
Posted: 01/20/14 04:36 PM

What do you think of the S15?  

Sideways Panda
Guru
Posted: 01/20/14 08:56 PM

I think the S15 is an awesome choice, but if you are in the US you can't get an original one unfortunately.  

Sketchy
New User
Posted: 01/21/14 10:48 AM

Im in canada so its legal now! Laugh  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP