Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Project Honda civic

snakeHead
New User
Posted: 05/21/12 05:24 PM

I just bought a 99 honda civic si with a DOHC motor. I'm looking to throw on a T3 T4 turbo. The car is pretty much stock with intake, upgraded fuel rail and fuel injector, skunk 2 muffler, DC headers and short shifter. Thats pretty much it. I want to be pushing about 250 hp but I'm pretty sure it will need some more upgrades before I get started, if you have any suggestions help let me know. http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg250/unleashkennel/2012-05-07175640.jpg  

godfather3G
Guru
Posted: 05/21/12 10:17 PM

if you do the img link on your photobucket, it will post the actual pic here.

before you do a turbo on the b16 engine, you will need to upgrade you pistons to lower compression, you will also need to sleeve your cylinders. the head will need to be rebuilt with better springs and port and polished. there is a lot of work that needs to be done before you can properly turbo a car. ya, you can just buy a ebay setup and bolt it in, but you will blow up your engine with in a month if you do.  
-------
the godfather has spoken
R.I.P. GRANDPA PITT AUG 10, 1930 - SEPT 30, 2010

toulorcorps
New User
Posted: 06/01/12 07:06 PM

Good advise.  

birdman299
New User
Posted: 01/08/13 11:29 PM

the beer is the best mod i seen. Smile lol jp I'm just a civic hater. but i do respect that you actually want to do performance mods, and not just put a body kit and a spoiler like most do on a civic. thats y i hate civics. lol  
BIRDMAN
2005 LEXUS IS300

vipstatus
New User
Posted: 04/24/13 06:04 PM

I would recommend a good grounding kit and a voltage stabilizer like a Pivot Mega Raizin. I guarantee it will make your engine idle smoother and increase your acceleration. Another thing I was thinking, what about a cam upgrade? I know they make a lot of stuff for the civic. You could also do like a racing clutch and maybe a flywheel. I'm not sure if the cam shafts are smog legal, but I think they are. If you wanted to get turbo eventually you could also upgrade your pistons first then do little by little. Better pistons would probably be good whether or not you turbocharged it. I would get turbo though, because there are hella cheap turbo parts for the civic and turbo is sick. You could probably make 350 or 400 horsepower with a good turbo.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP