Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Need a tuner, ideas?

jhansen_tpa
New User
Posted: 12/09/10 02:55 PM

im a huge fan of tuners and i want one and can get one. im 16 and looking for a good one to put some money into, i have about a $15k budget. ideas? rwd is preferable but not a necessity  

Sideways Panda
Guru
Posted: 12/10/10 12:32 AM

Get something cheap to learn how to drive with.  

jhansen_tpa
New User
Posted: 12/10/10 11:47 AM

old eclipse?  

Sideways Panda
Guru
Posted: 12/10/10 02:02 PM

Yeah somethin like that.  Personally I would get like a cheap 240sx or 86 Corolla GTS; just a RWD, but that's a personal preference.  

SuprasRsiK
User
Posted: 02/10/11 10:44 AM

well i would suggest a supra..but you only have about 15 gran so thats not gunna be enough.  i think supras cost somewhere between $25000-$40000..ya theyre expensive as hell.  but for 15 gran..i suggest mabey an old eclipse 2nd gen or something.  im not sure if eclipses are rwd tho.  im 16 too an im thinking about getting an old integra or something that costs under 10 gran.  anyways good luck  Laugh  

jching
Administrator
Posted: 02/10/11 11:59 AM

Eclipses are FWD, although some are AWD.  The integra is FWD too.  

Sideways Panda
Guru
Posted: 02/11/11 05:56 PM

Icon QuoteSuprasRsiK:
well i would suggest a supra..but you only have about 15 gran so thats not gunna be enough.  i think supras cost somewhere between $25000-$40000..ya theyre expensive as hell.  but for 15 gran..i suggest mabey an old eclipse 2nd gen or something.  im not sure if eclipses are rwd tho.  im 16 too an im thinking about getting an old integra or something that costs under 10 gran.  anyways good luck  Laugh

A Supra with any of the more popular engines is too much power for a new driver.  The only way that is justifiable is with an NA engine.  Anything higher than that and I have no doubt it would end up wrapped around a pole.  

SuprasRsiK
User
Posted: 02/16/11 10:31 AM

i know that integras are FWD..i jus wasnt sure if eclipses were or not.  an i never knew that supras are too powerful for new drivers but that sounds like it would be true.  

Sideways Panda
Guru
Posted: 02/16/11 03:47 PM

Hi again SuprasRsiK lol.  And yeah I have seen a lot of new drivers wrap fast cars around light poles and a couple have gotten seriously injured, so I will always be against newer drivers having fast cars like that.  For example there was a girl in my high school a few years back that took a left turn too fast in daddy's Saleen, lost control, slid sideways into a curb, and flipped the car.  Luckily she only had to spend a few days in the hospital.  That's why for new drivers I usually suggest cars that are good starters, but have potential later on.  

Papadirty
User
Posted: 02/16/11 05:33 PM

First time driving at 15 years old, took dads camaro out at the cottage and hit a tree. Good times.  

benjamin.r.osborne
New User
Posted: 02/27/11 03:02 PM

A car that i found to be nice as my second car was a Toyota Celica GTS and i had no problem findind mods for this car and it was already pretty quick stock.  It is a FWD car but it has a great 6sp tranny.  
and if you want to know where to get one at i am selling mine for 7500 and it has 6k worth of work into it.  

sizzlinninja
New User
Posted: 09/18/12 06:21 PM

I'm 17, and into the import scene as well. I have a 2002 Honda Civic LX with a D17A2 swap, Megan racing header, Short-RAM intake, and lowering coils.. Its a little ricey, but I love it. I'd suggest starting with something similar.. Perhaps a 6th gen civic? Or maybe an integra? As other people stated, don't start driving with too much horses. We are still new, and I have TONS of friends who have put there car sideways right into a ditch, flipped, hit electric polls, ect., only because they can't handle the horses. And, I'd start with a FWD car, hence the reason I suggested a civic or integra. I mean there is going to be some times where you dump the clutch a little too quickly, and you will spin tires. Now in a FWD car, your gonna get some under steer. In a RWD car, your gonna get over steer. So while still learning to drive, I'd suggest FWD, just in case you so when you do accidently do spin the tires, you wont wrap your car around a poll (granted you my not be able to steer as well while the tires are spinning, but you wont be wrapped around a poll).. So I'd suggest starting with something basic, customize it a *** Maybe get a cold air intake, get some headers, lower her on springs or coil-overs.. Then, senior year when you have more experience, sell that bad boy and get a nice, clean car, and mod the hell out of it! haha... (and tip, when you do get your first import, don't buy one that is already modded, get one that is bone stock. It will pay off in the long run)  

jching
Administrator
Posted: 09/19/12 09:16 AM

Please check post dates before replying.

This thread was started almost 2 years ago and the last post was more than a year old.

At this point I'm really doubt the OP needs our help finding a car.  

vipstatus
New User
Posted: 04/27/13 01:18 AM

$15,000 is a lot of tuner money. I would say get a 350z for like $9,000 and put some nice parts on it, probably wouldn't do a turbo kit on your first car... It'd be no joke though if you fixed it up right with our help.  

MazzdaLuver
New User
Posted: 04/29/13 06:54 PM

How about a Mazda RX 7, around 7,000-15,000. But they are hard to find Frown  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP