Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

CANADIAN TUNERS!!! [more specifically, toronto...lol]

darko
User
Posted: 12/10/08 12:26 PM

hey.
just thought i'd start a thread for all the canuck tuners, as the tuning scene is so much different for us up here [see: winter, salt, snow, street racing laws, aircraft-patrolled highways, importing laws {JDM cars must be at least 15 years old}, etc].

just wanted to put something out there for us. lol  
1992 Honda Prelude SR
Stage 2 Exedy Ceramettalic Clutch Kit
DC Ceramic Coated Header
AEM Cold Air Intake
Apexi N1 Exhaust System

2000-Honda-civic-si
User
Posted: 12/10/08 11:10 PM

well actually our importing laws are better, 15 years not 25. ya the conditions are sure crappy in the winter though. what street racing laws does ontario have? as far as im aware BC doesn't have any(i know multiple people that have had their cars impounded but nothing serious)  

darko
User
Posted: 12/11/08 07:44 AM

if you're caught going 50 over the speed limit, it's automatically considered 'street racing' [even if you're alone speeding]. minimum fine of $2,000.00 [max i've heard of is $10,000.00], your licence is suspended and your car is towed and impounded for a week at your expence. i remember when the law first came out, this BMW and a Del Sol, both heavily modified were taken to the junk yeard and crushed in front of their owners. it was on the front of most newspapers. lol. they just wanted to make an example of them, but the authorities do reserve the right to seize and even destroy your vehicle if you're caught over that speed.

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/262112

it's nuts.

and yeah, i guess 15 years isn't THAT bad... we can finally get the R33! lol  
1992 Honda Prelude SR
DC Ceramic Coated Header
AEM Cold Air Intake
Apexi N1 Exhaust System

darko
User
Posted: 12/11/08 07:47 AM

oh, and then there's this.

http://thegarageblog.com/garage/should-street-racers-cars-be-crushed/

GTA law enforcement lobbying to CRUSH any car MODIFIED for street racing.   Shocked  
1992 Honda Prelude SR
DC Ceramic Coated Header
AEM Cold Air Intake
Apexi N1 Exhaust System

Curtman
User
Posted: 12/11/08 09:23 AM

Cool that you started a Canadian thread. I'm in Edmonton. The other thing is if you lower the car it sucks for driving in winter too. One bonus is when you buy new rims with performance tires you can keep your stock rims, put winter tires on them and just swap them your self instead of going to Canadian Tire. lol.  
- I love Mugen!

darko
User
Posted: 12/11/08 10:12 AM

hahaha!
SO true. I actually have the stock rims on, and i went and bought a set of winter tires/rims for my prelude, but after seeing all the salt they tossed on the roads, i decided to put her in the garage until at least spring. i guess even cars have to hibernate too. lol.

i've had the rustproofing done, but still. i'll either take the bus or drive the cavalier. lol  
1992 Honda Prelude SR
DC Ceramic Coated Header
AEM Cold Air Intake
Apexi N1 Exhaust System

2000-Honda-civic-si
User
Posted: 12/11/08 04:13 PM

ouch, BC you wont even get your car impounded if your doing over 50(only if your racing they will). My bro got pulled over doing about 190 and got off with only a speeding ticket(not even excessive). thats cool, i was in edmonton last weekend. did you go see metallica?  

Curtman
User
Posted: 12/12/08 02:14 PM

I wanted to but they sold out so fast. I saw them the past 2 times they where here though.  
- I love Mugen!

Morepower555
New User
Posted: 08/29/09 10:51 AM

hey this had nothing to do with wat u said i was jus wondering if u cud give me couple name of performance tuning shops in canada mainly in ontario  

danrodie
New User
Posted: 12/26/13 06:54 PM

if anyone could help me locate a motegi mr7 17/7 wheel it would be greatly appreciated.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP