Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Mitsubishi Engine Swaps

Timmy_G
New User
Posted: 05/08/08 11:15 AM

Ok I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ.  It comes stock with the 4g94 engine.  Not much to it and no one really makes anything for it.  

A friend of mine who is big into the tuner scene and has even done 2 swaps, including an RB26 swap into a 240sx so Im confident in his knowledge.

My friend told me that I could swap a 4g63 turbo equiped motor and trans out of a 96 or newer model eclipse gst into my car without any modifications.  He said the engine and tranny would bolt right up into my Lancer.  My question here is, is this right.  As I said previously, Im confident in my friends knowledge but I would like to get a few opinions.  Would this swap be a direct fit?  

Timmy_G
New User
Posted: 05/30/08 09:23 PM

Well I see a lot of views but no replys.  Is this project really that much of a lost cause?  Or are yall just hating on the FWD factor?  

K20Z3-#002
Guru
Posted: 05/30/08 09:33 PM

^ all the views and no replys are because this forum has a lot of morons on it who probably didn't understand what you were saying.  

Anyway, the swap should definitely be achievable.  The only dilemma you might run into is needing custom fabricated motor mounts.  Other than that the bay has plenty of room for a 4G63 from a GST.  If you are going to spend that kind of money go ahead and throw a LSD into the tranny while you're at it.  Sounds like a fun project, and when its done the car will be a nice little sleeper.

There are a few people on here who hate on FWD platforms, but I'm a front wheel person, and I will say it is not comparable to RWD and AWD in terms of grip, but if you know how to drive it you can get great lap times at the track.  Even in autoX a lot of the cars that get the best times (ie Mini Cooper S's) are FWD.  My FWD 07 Civic Si might not be that great in straight line racing from a dig, but around a track, or in the canyons I have no problem keeping up with other drive train platforms.  

PR0PH37
New User
Posted: 06/24/08 12:04 PM

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=253122&page=6

the guy on there is doing a swap along of what you are talking about.

hope this helps (user name is MarkOJ1011)

good luck with project if you actually go through with it.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP