Ad Radar
Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

How much would it cost to import an S15?

wangvicous
New User
Posted: 08/14/05 02:20 PM

If I were looking for one in decently mint condition?  I'm not much interested in conversions of the american s13/14.  Thanks in advance.  

vundeis
User
Posted: 08/15/05 12:23 PM

do you have access to a large ammount of cash?  figure this.  your gonna have to first purchase the car.  then you gotta import it, which costs vary depending on where you live.  they come to the west coast, then have to be delivered to you.  that can cost a bit itself.  plus they have to be legalized to meet dot standards, basically need a vin number.  that will run you about 20 grand or more.  so the question is, do you have an upwards of 30 grand or more?  i may be off on my numbers here, so anyone with actual numbers please state.  i don't think i'm that far off though.  
i fornicate and play hockey cause they are the two most fun things to do in cold wheather

RockaRacer
User
Posted: 08/15/05 07:54 PM

lets just say ALOT  

thebug3000
New User
Posted: 08/16/05 12:34 PM

YEA MAN

importing a motor like that should be a hassle, but wait, why not import the motor. use the body of an american model and your good to go, the problem is meeting the US standards as mentioned before, but bringing in the motor should be a heck of alot cheaper  

wangvicous
New User
Posted: 08/16/05 05:14 PM

Quote:

YEA MAN

importing a motor like that should be a hassle, but wait, why not import the motor. use the body of an american model and your good to go, the problem is meeting the US standards as mentioned before, but bringing in the motor should be a heck of alot cheaper

I know I could just bring in the motor and it would probably cost me like 8 grand tops including the cost of a 240. But I'm a stubborn little child and when I do something I hate to cut corners and I absolutly adore the S15 and I would go as far as to say it is the sexiest car that ever came out of Japan.  

GloryDaysFC
New User
Posted: 08/16/05 10:40 PM

This is a long shot but if you really want you can give a try. Buy an S15, ship the car with the engine out of it, so that its considered a parts car instead of a complete car to be legalized. buy a 240sx, any 240 it doesnt have to work, it could be wreked. you register the 240 and slap the window and driver door vin # on your S15, put you engine back in, get insurance as a 240. If you get pulled over and a cop asks you what kind of car you have dont forget you have a 240sx. If anyone asks you got a conversion on the front and the back. Like i said its a long shot but if you get away with it you'll have one of the baddest cars on the streets.  

berzo12
User
Posted: 08/18/05 11:58 AM

2NER had an article on this a couple months ago actually u need alot more money cause u need to have at least 5 cars in possesion so the dmv can run crsh tests on the car type and u need to vin each car and u need some one to import each car so u probly lookin at 100 G's at least  

2GNTEclipse
Guru
Posted: 08/18/05 06:59 PM

Quote:

This is a long shot but if you really want you can give a try. Buy an S15, ship the car with the engine out of it, so that its considered a parts car instead of a complete car to be legalized. buy a 240sx, any 240 it doesnt have to work, it could be wreked. you register the 240 and slap the window and driver door vin # on your S15, put you engine back in, get insurance as a 240. If you get pulled over and a cop asks you what kind of car you have dont forget you have a 240sx. If anyone asks you got a conversion on the front and the back. Like i said its a long shot but if you get away with it you'll have one of the baddest cars on the streets.

This, my friend, constitutes FRAUD. Fraud is punishable by hefty fines and jail time. Think about it.  Confused  
Speed and power are a mix of mostly three factors: money, motivation, and time. How fast do you want to go and how broke do you want to be when you get there?

Drifter_Tim
User
Posted: 09/20/05 12:14 PM

Fraud is indeed wrong, and plus it ruins it for everyone else.
As for importing an S15, good luck and hope you have alot in the bank. Numbers wise, let's see, (motorex.net would give you a pretty good idea about the costs) in comparision to the average skyline costs- car is gonna run you quite a bit, I'm guessing about 10 grand and up alone. Coversions costs for DOT standards, legalization and Vin Numbers, Insurance Costs( have to register as a grey market vehicle or exotic vehicle), crash tests, emissions, etc..... As long as everything follows American standards. Then the charges for shipping it to you. I'd say you better come with at least 50 to 100 grand to be on the safe side.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP