Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

Nissan Silvia S15! Where to get one and how much?

ferrari430racer
New User
Posted: 10/06/06 09:01 AM

I'm looking for a Nissan Silvia S15 models in the United States. I know that i need to import one and all that but i want to know how much it will roughly cost for me to get one, to bring or to buy off somebody that has one in the United States. All i want is a rough estimate of everything. Thanks guys for your help.

P.S. i have the money to spend, just need to find one.  

DPImpreza
Guru
Posted: 10/06/06 01:59 PM

i agree, not going to happen - if you want to drive it on any roads.  you can import one from Japan, spending about 10,000 just to get it here (not to mention the cost of the car and the exhange rate) and once its here, you can only trailer it to the track, there is no way possible to register an S15.  sylines were the only ones, BUT they just made r33s and r34s illegal. you can only legally have an r32.  there are loopholes, but only with the skyline.  the S15 would just be impossible.  Sorry man, I would kill for one too.

my sugguestion would be similar the one posted above. pick up a late model 240sx (s14) and do the front end conversion, and throw in an SR20DET.  the only difference would be the body, its basically the same car. oh, and  it wouldnt be RHD.  good luck.  
Reader's Rides - rides.importtuner.com

Player6990011
User
Posted: 10/20/06 10:20 PM

An S15 would be nice.
nut this is my persona; choice if i had the money
a 98 s15 with a RB26DETT
now that will be nice thats my choice  

GTi-R
New User
Posted: 11/25/06 02:28 AM

It is possible to get an S-15 in the U.S.  There are a few running around that are street legal.  You're looking at about 25-35K depending on year and condition you want.  I can hook you up with a company that imports JDM's.  

AZtuner88
New User
Posted: 02/12/07 10:45 AM

Yeah I gotta agree with those saying that it probably won't happen.  Alot of people underestimate the cost and process of importing cars and then the legalization process/eligability.  In my case I have a buddy in the Navy and if you buy a car over seas while in the Navy they will ship it for free.  So he knows that if he is ever stationed in Japan he is to notify ne asap and I will send him money to get me a used r32 but that is about my only chance I figure.  

i love 240sx and jeeps
New User
Posted: 02/14/07 07:15 PM

yo if you find on let me no ok cuz me and my friend what one too...

later  

Craza
New User
Posted: 02/19/07 09:28 AM

Yah it'd be difficult...you're looking at 35k+ on the car alone, plus shipping and whatever mods are needed to legalize it.  I have heard of some, however they could just be fake ebay things.  Do some research and hit us up with some info.  

dodge325
New User
Posted: 03/10/08 03:33 PM

my buddies parents bought an S15 from an importer in miami.   its pearl white.  right hand drive and all that.    it was roughly about $33k   done with title.          i am located just outside Philadelphia, PA.           we got it for their son that passed away 2 years ago.  he was involved with Tony Angelo & Chris Forsberg of Drift Alliance.    We got this car so it would stand out at car shows, and to continue my buddies passion in drifting and these japanese cars.  

Tyko
New User
Posted: 03/19/08 02:25 AM

A project i looked further into in the past. Good news & bads news. The bad news is everyone is right. The good news is a 240sx isn't too impossible & I remember a very reliable source.
http://www.cruzinautosales.com if it doesn't pop up try to google the name it should show.

35216 State Route 507 S
McKenna, WA 98558

Phone: 1-866-420-8759

These guys specialize in 240SX's & this is how they got there rep. You can check out past projects from them & custimize your own car down to color of paint & depending on 1k here or there, upgrade to a better year & less mileage. I'm in the Military myself & this shop is located by Ft. Lewis, close to Olympia.

Side note, Japan has no perminant duty stations there so purchasing a vehicle there is against Military Regulations, but he could buy & ship it himself without them stickin there nose in it. Only the shipping costs come back into play. Stupid Military & there rules:<
Korea has several bases though, but unless your rank is 1ST SGT? or above, you can't have a vehicle there.  

willypimp2
New User
Posted: 06/12/08 09:36 PM

TRY TO GO TO WWW. MODIFIEDAUTOTRADER .COM
THE HAVE LARGE SELECTION OF CARS THE EVEN HAVE SKYLINES THAT U CAN BUY LEGAL THEY HAVE ONE NISSAN SILVIA S15 FOR 27,000 AND IS ALL LEGAL CHECK IT OUT THIS IS THE SITE THE ONE BELOW GOOD LUCK BY DA WAY IT IS LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA

www.modifiedcartrader.com/search/cars_for_sale/Default.aspx?searchType=detail&status=A&make=Nissan&model=Silvia&y1=0&y2=0&zip=91786&distance=100&state=&p1=&p2=&color=&body=&induction=&power=0  

willypimp2
New User
Posted: 06/12/08 09:36 PM

TRY TO GO TO WWW. MODIFIEDAUTOTRADER .COM
THE HAVE LARGE SELECTION OF CARS THE EVEN HAVE SKYLINES THAT U CAN BUY LEGAL THEY HAVE ONE NISSAN SILVIA S15 FOR 27,000 AND IS ALL LEGAL CHECK IT OUT THIS IS THE SITE THE ONE BELOW GOOD LUCK BY DA WAY IT IS LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA  

Gotsilvia
New User
Posted: 08/14/08 09:50 AM

heres a site that will help you import right hand drive just about any skyline,silvia,rx7,AE86 and supras. just click stock list and it shows you what cars they can get for you straight from jappan and how much it will cost you in US dollars incuding cost for shiping to your state.     http://www.japan-partner.com/ hope that helps Laugh  

CsTyLz
New User
Posted: 08/14/08 04:00 PM

why not just save all the headache and drop the s15 engine into a 240sx?  

SKI21
New User
Posted: 01/09/09 05:48 PM

I just wanted to say I am a new user to this web page, so I will give everyone a little background. I have been stationed in Japan for about 10 years now, and yes I love cars. I currently own a silvia s15 r-spec, this car has been my baby for about 5 years now and it only has 24,000 KILOMETERS, around 16,000 miles on it. To make a long story short I am planning on selling it, and I am not trying to rip anyone off, I am asking $18,000, if anyone is interested let me know.  

123 Last

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP