Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Doubts on Car Suspension Tuning

rogerpeterm80
New User
Posted: 09/26/11 11:50 PM

Many believe that the main purpose of suspension - to provide comfortable movement on rough roads.  It's not quite true.  Rather, it is not so.  On the one hand, the problem of selection of its characteristics are so complex and intertwined that car-building firms, fully owning fine suspension engineering, can be counted on the fingers of one hand.  On the other hand - suitable for all driving conditions setting simply does not exist!  It is not only a fundamental technical limitations.  The trouble is that here there are many subjective factors. I was going through an article on torquecars which says :
Common mistakes. Going into the local part store and buying a non adjustable suspension kit that lowers the car 30mm and expecting this to be the perfect set up. Most kits are very general in nature and sometimes the suppliers imply that they can be fitted to all or many models in a cars range. Different engine weights, wheel sizes and car weights need different suspension characteristics so this one fits all approach is very misleading.If you go too low you also risk damaging the drive shaft and gearbox if the angle from the final drive to wheel hub is wrong. The way the suspension moves under load is also altered if you change the ride height and this can cause scrubbing or premature wear on your rubber!  

jaxter18
New User
Posted: 09/30/11 10:27 PM

Hi,

I am new here. I had got your question on google regarding Car Suspension Tuning. I am too searching for a solution. There are lots of guides and guides which just say to do this and to do that. But there are some cons also. Some users are talking about the same here  : http://www.indiagarage.com/thread12501.html. One thing which I liked is, the design of suspension parts really matters and along with that shock absorber also effects the performance. Just have a look and let me know what are your views on the same.

regards
jaxter  

syedgagha
New User
Posted: 11/08/11 09:11 AM

that's very insightful...we have changed drive heights several times as we race and this has never crossed my mind...though to be fair, the ride height dropped by "too much" is relative...have a Honda Beat that I've been racing successfully (autocrossing) for the last four years...want to upgrade the suspension, which is stock right now...  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP