Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

WHAT KIND OF CLUTCH DO I NEED TO GO TURBO ?(HONDA PRELUDE 1993) TYPE S

mustang65
New User
Posted: 08/11/11 11:22 PM

I HAVE A 1993 HOND APRELUDE TYPE S I WANT TO INSTALL TURBO ON IT BUT IVE HEARD I NEED TO REPLACE THE CLUTCH AND ANYWAYS I HAVE TOO BECAUSE IS GIVING ME SOME PROBLEMS SO CAN YOU HELP ME TELLING ME WHAT KIND SHOULD I BUY ? AND WHERE ? SOME WEBSITE ? EBAY MAYBE ? GIVE ME AN IDEA PLEASE HELP  

K20egcw
Enthusiast
Posted: 08/12/11 08:25 PM

Clutch Masters make good clutches, but I personally use Competition Clutches. If you're going boost, then I'd get like a Stage 4 or something along those lines.  

mustang65
New User
Posted: 08/12/11 11:38 PM

thanks dude i have another question what about stage 3?  

K20egcw
Enthusiast
Posted: 08/14/11 12:04 AM

Eh, a stage 3 might hold a little while depending on how much HP you make. A stage 3 and a stage 4 are about the same price, and feel about the same pedal wise so I would just go with the 4.  

mustang65
New User
Posted: 08/14/11 01:14 PM

nice thanks dude  

luderunner
Enthusiast
Posted: 09/30/11 04:56 PM

before i recomend stage packs id be asking what your bost psi is and if any serious mods are on the motor if its a factory motor with only bolt ons intake exhaust mild cams id say u can get along with a stage one setup. i like act clutches myself if you have a good build and running a fair ammount of boost id start going into the 3 and 4 levels as they are generaly for your serious outputs. however if u intend on a gradual high hp turbo build and are simply starting w mild bolt ons and low boost then i would def say a stage 3 or 4 to be ready for the later high hp.  

luderunner
Enthusiast
Posted: 09/30/11 04:58 PM

before i recomend stage packs id be asking what your bost psi is and if any serious mods are on the motor if its a factory motor with only bolt ons intake exhaust mild cams id say u can get along with a stage one setup. i like act clutches myself if you have a good build and running a fair ammount of boost id start going into the 3 and 4 levels as they are generaly for your serious outputs. however if u intend on a gradual high hp turbo build and are simply starting w mild bolt ons and low boost then i would def say a stage 3 or 4 to be ready for the later high hp.  

luderunner
Enthusiast
Posted: 09/30/11 04:59 PM

luderunner
Enthusiast
Posted: 09/30/11 04:59 PM

luderunner
Enthusiast
Posted: 09/30/11 05:00 PM

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP