Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

my civic

09groundup
New User
Posted: 02/08/11 04:35 PM

okay guys i have a 2009 civic ex-l coupe. im putting in a ct engineering short shifter this weekend, i have plans to put a skunk 2 megapower cat-back exhaust in, and a injen cold air intake on. what are some other lower budget upgrades that i can make to get some serious horsepower?  

K20egcw
Enthusiast
Posted: 02/09/11 02:28 PM

I dont think that serious horsepower and low budget really go together. The best bang for the buck would ne nitrous though.  

09groundup
New User
Posted: 02/13/11 04:59 PM

well how much would i have to spend to get some really good horsepower?  

K20egcw
Enthusiast
Posted: 02/13/11 11:59 PM

What motor is in your EX? Are those like D17's or something like that? I dont really know what kind of aftermarket support is out for the non-SI models in the year you have. But you can probably pick up a turbo kit for like $1000-1500 and then find what you'll need to tune it. If you really wanna make some good power, you can probably put a K swap in it from an SI model and turbo that. They make 5-600hp with stock internals.  

eirik_
New User
Posted: 04/14/11 06:12 AM

I had a friend who used to own an 07' that we tinkered with. No, it's not a d17, it's an R18. The Injen intake was a nice piece, always great fit with injen, we also put on a magnaflow exhaust system, though I've got nothing against skunk2, if that's what you want then by all means continue. we found however that the weaponR 'header' (since the R18 only has the one exhaust outlet on the head I use the term header loosely) opened it up quite a bit. Those R18's aren't that bad, they will move that thing just fine. I haven't seen any turbo kits for one, but the single exhaust outlet looks like you should be able to make an adapter plate and just bolt the turbo right to the head fairly easily, we were waiting for it to come off warranty before we did anything drastic to the car, but it didn't stick around that long so it's uncharted territory for me. But basic bolt-ons definitely made it a fun car for sure.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP