Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

2001 Prelude SH vs. 2002 RSX Type-S

StealthDriver
New User
Posted: 12/30/10 07:01 PM

The title says it all. I am looking to sell my 2003 Ford Taures SES so that I can buy something a little more sporty to start modifying and hopefully race on a track a bit one day! Between these two cars, which one would you choose and why? This will also be my day-to-day car, so it needs to be reliable.

2001 Honda Prelude SH - 115k miles $6,900 asking price (way too high)
2002 Acura RSX Type-S - 74k miles with a cold air intake and some body work. $7,200 asking price. It also has a busted windshield.

Have at it!  

K20egcw
Enthusiast
Posted: 12/31/10 01:22 AM

I love RSX's and the K series motor so my choice would be the RSX. H series really arent as reliable in my opinon either, but others may say different. I drove my friends RSX for awhile and loved the way it drove and the way it handled. They are even better without power steering, but not many people like trying to park like that :P lol.  

StealthDriver
New User
Posted: 12/31/10 03:12 PM

Ok, thanks for that! Any other opinions?  

93VTECprelude2.2gone
New User
Posted: 02/18/11 12:55 PM

i have to junk my first car today, as shitty of shape its in it still runs and i love it.  just to listen to that engine purr,or clink a little but, brings back the memories of the good ol days.  no car will ever replace her on all the levels, that car sums up my late teen years and early twenties.  shes fast, loud, fun,sometimes unpredictable, always ready to go, the outside isnt always best kept but man shes a beauty under the hood.  its almost like getting ride of her is like getting rid of a part of me, my younger days, and what days those were.  dear prelude, i will forvever miss you and the trouble you got me into and out of.  when we rode we were one and we took the blows as one.  thank you for all youve done for me and you will forvever live on inside of me... tear  

EnvyBB6
New User
Posted: 04/12/11 03:07 PM

Not to be bias but I'd go with the prelude. But its been a few months since this post.. what did you end up with? H series much more reliable and you could get more bang for your buck on parts. K series may work with a 22 bottom and 24 head but horsepower is limited.  

quicklude69
New User
Posted: 05/28/11 05:37 PM

Who says H series is unreliable?   I'll kick his ass... lol
My H22a4  has impressed me for 8+ years four of em high boosted.  K series is an awesome motor too.  

Nathan G
New User
Posted: 05/22/14 05:08 PM

there both too high in my opinion.  i have a boosted 97 sh...  but i'd love to drop a k24 in it some day....  you know what i'd do?   i'd look around for a k24 and buy it and take it apart and build it...   lsd tranny...  sooner or later you'll find something clean to drop it in Smile  

Nathan G
New User
Posted: 05/22/14 05:11 PM

i agree...    97 sh w/ 8psi.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP