Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

help with suspension setup for drag turbo ls integra

da9turbs
New User
Posted: 06/10/09 12:36 AM

gday just wondering if any of you guys regularly drag your hondas and wat suspension setups u run, im thinking of keeping soft springs in the front but clamping it down to only allow a neutral position under launch by fitting solid tubes as shocks for the rear to prevent weight transfer under launch and camber adjusting arms so that the tyre is in full even contact with the road to maximise grip, also im wondering about slick sizing, 13" x 22.50x8.50 front and 15" x4 rear
but then again maybe i could get 14" slicks or 15s for the front any data much appreciated, im only making 230hp to the tyre so im not expecting a 10sec pass but so far have done a 116mph pass so i may get a high 11 low 12 with a good run. any help much appreciated. Smile  

K20egcw
Enthusiast
Posted: 06/10/09 09:33 AM

Yeah that sounds like it wouldnt be a bad setup for your car. I drag my hatch and I run Apex-i N1 coilovers adjusted all the way stiff in the back and about half as still in the front. You should get traction bars as well, its helps keep your tires from castering. My friend just installed some on his turbo coupe and its like a night and day difference  

da9turbs
New User
Posted: 06/11/09 06:42 PM

traction bars? to stop castering, i take it there the ones at the front from the control arm to the k-frame with the pillow ball joints either end no bushes, thats only available off the shelf in the states but i guess i could have a crack at making em up with the proper hi-tensile tube and tig. Grin  

da9turbs
New User
Posted: 06/11/09 06:43 PM

wats done to your hatch and wat numbers u running?  

K20egcw
Enthusiast
Posted: 06/12/09 01:57 AM

Yeah traction bars connect to the front control arms and connect to a front bar thats bolted to the frame in front under the radiator support. Yeah you could make some fairly easily Im sure lol.

As for whats done to my car here is a short list of mods
Motor:
K20a (type R)
RBC intake manifold
Batlground EG K swap header
APC GSR 3" cold air intake
Drive Shaft Shop 2.9 (475hp) axles
Hasport motor mounts
Buddy Club short shifter box
Nitrous Express wet nitrous
Competition (Stage 4) 6 puck clutch
Hondata intake manifold and throttle body gasket
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Edelbrook inline fuel filter
Custom -6AN steel braided lines
Golden Eagle fuel rail
JDM Type R ECU
Custom 3" exhaust with Vibrant 3" muffler

Suspension:
Full Apex-i N1 coilover
Blox lower control arms
Skank2 front camber kit
Front "H" 4pt subframe brace
ASR rear subframe brace
ITR front strut bar
Ebay rear strut bar

I ran have yet to run it this year im still waiting to get some slicks and a few more suspension things finished up. I ran it with a type S motor 2 years ago and went 14.2@107 spinning on street tires with no 2nd gear at 6200' in elevation, so it wasnt to bad but i couda dont better. With the current setup now i should be in mid to low 12's all motor and im hopin to break into the 11's on spray.  

da9turbs
New User
Posted: 06/20/09 06:51 PM

nice setup, sounds like a beast, nos would be gr8 fun, if you get caught here on a street car its about 20,000 fine, thats why i went boost, sounds like you-ll get ur numbers with what youve done easy-good work.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP