Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Prelude Turbo???

MooneyRJ
New User
Posted: 04/18/09 12:52 AM

Hello honda fans.  I am considering purchasing a prelude among several other cars to begin a new project.  I haven't worked with a honda yet but i have read that the prelude is a bad car to put a turbo to.  Any advise concerning a project car.  Is a prelude an alright car to turbo or should i stick to a civic?  thanks  

TNT
User
Posted: 04/18/09 12:57 PM

Not sure where you heard that, the H22 motor is frequently turbo'd with good results. With a stock motor I wouldn't go with more than 7 pounds of boost, but if you plan to build the motor right you can do even better. What are your horsepower goals?  

MooneyRJ
New User
Posted: 04/18/09 08:59 PM

Im not sure where i had heard that.  I heard they dont have a solid block for a turbo but anyway im not going to do anything crazy, ill probably use it as a daily driver also.  

swishathesweet
New User
Posted: 07/07/09 12:48 AM

The H22 has weak walls, as they are Fiber Reinforced Composite style. You can build it, but I wouldn't push it too far.
Build it all motor and surprise people. Or low boost with a small turbo and have a quick spooler. The engine is nice and worth the build, just take precautions.  

sleeper92
New User
Posted: 07/23/09 01:23 PM

Hey bro, Im pleased with my car it was a 2.3,but did a swap for a 2.2 with a LSD Tranny and Turbo/stage 3.It has a steady pull threw all gears.We running low boost in it cause of the walls inside the engine haha we didn't want to mess up the wall cylinders.It's a daily driver  

carlameyer
New User
Posted: 06/16/12 11:02 AM

IMO, H22 pistons are pretty strong, i ran a 100 shot of nitrous on stock internals for a while, and it ran great. when i removed the pistons after blowing the engine, they were all in almost new shape, other than the carbon build-up. the valves are the biggest weaknesses of the H22 i think.

i have only heard a few stories about people being able to boost over 8 psi on stock H-series internals. the ringlands can't take the pressure, and even if you put in forged pistons it has to be re-sleeved (at least on the H22A4), due to the material the sleeves are made of.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP