Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

engine choice for 92 prelude sohc

markeddy82
New User
Posted: 04/11/09 02:55 PM

ive just finished replacing most of the original chasis and entire rear brake system, as well as some other things to keep it a daily driver, and have come to the point where i need to start considering my options for what i want out of this car. it is my first honda and so far its been fun to work on.  ive been looking into engine swaps and with the prosepect of turbo(s) and nitrous am trying to decide what i should start shopping and planning for.  a k24 engine with an integra rs 6 speed is a far easier choice technically than what i am dreaming of.  realistically im wondering if there is any way to use an f20c s2000 engine with any transmission to fit into my project. the stock engine is an h22a. im open to fabricating but would like to stay away from rear engine or rear wheel drive.  any input may prove very helpful not only in planning my options but protecting my wallet. thanks  

TNT
User
Posted: 04/12/09 10:20 PM

With an F20C you have no choice but to go RWD. Measure it out to verify, but I'm 99.9% sure you cannot get the F20C with FWD tranny (assuming you can find one that works) to fit in your engine bay. If you want to stay FWD and you want to turbo it, try the RDX K23 with factory Honda turbo mated to an RSX 6-speed tranny. It's what I'd do if I had the money :-)  

TNT
User
Posted: 04/13/09 09:03 PM

okay, so I asked around and my previous post may not be entirely true. I've heard there is someone manufacturing an adapter plate and new bell housing for a K series tranny to work with an F20C and that will allow the motor to fit your Accord. The info comes from a friend I trust though he couldn't remember the manufacturer. Do some searching and maybe your dream can come true.  

markeddy82
New User
Posted: 04/14/09 03:03 PM

there was an article about swapping a k24a into a prelude it required purchasable mounts and an integra type r 6 speed(i think it was in import tuning). however the redline abilities of an s2k are better suited for real drag strip racing. thanks for the response ill do some digging.  the f20c swap maybe a second gen repair for me. i know it required a crank from a tsx and some major machining, i still need to find a way to make it work with an as of yet unknown transmission.  keep it real.  

hgreen_lude
New User
Posted: 09/09/09 01:12 PM

what motor do you have in it now??  

prelude21
New User
Posted: 01/22/10 09:59 PM

Your thread posts the engine as a SOHC but you said the stock engine was a H22A1 which is a DOHC. Which is it because the coolant and eleectrical systems encorporated into the car will be entirely different in regards to what engine the car came with.  
There is a Japanese proverb that literally goes 'Raise the sail with your stronger hand,' meaning you must go after the opportunities that arise in life that you are best equipped to do.?

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP