Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

How do I reset the readiness codes for the on board diagnostics.

chucky_norris
New User
Posted: 10/18/11 01:51 PM

I have a 2004 Honda Accord.  I have a code reader.  I can see that there are no error codes.  Long story short- if I leave the device hooked up to my car (25 minutes going about 55 mph the whole way) while I drive, I can get all of the monitors to say ready.  I can see everything is ready.  If I shut off the car and then put the ignition back to the II position (without going to position III and starting the car) I can still see that all of the monitors read 'ready'.  However, as soon as I start the car, almost all of the monitors switch to 'not ready' and the only way to get the 'ready' again is to drive a long ways.  

Of course this makes it impossible to pass my smog test since as part of the test they need to start my engine.  It's like the computer is not retaining it's memory.  I think/hope it might be a case of a weak battery.. my new plan is to swap batteries with another car or just buy a new battery... although I cant find anything else that talks about this happening with a weak battery on a Honda.  

Thoughts?
Chuck  

syedgagha
New User
Posted: 11/08/11 09:38 AM

I have a 660cc Honda Beat Roadster which I have been racing successfully for the last four years...need to make some upgrades for enhancing performance...any suggestions  

enoch420
New User
Posted: 12/06/12 08:48 AM

I'm having the same problem. Last year I replaced my battery in a 2002 Honda Accord and since then have put at least 9,000 miles and when I take it to get inspected it's failing for the O2 sensors "Not Ready" and the EGR system "Not Ready". You would think by now everything would reset. I'm going crazy cause I need this thing inspected.  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP