Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

B18 OR B20 OR B16 SWAP

Dave_Civic
New User
Posted: 09/13/07 08:43 PM

Ok im looking to do a swap. I was thinking of just like a b16a or some b16 they seem pretty good. But i have been reading and have seen some mix and match engines like vtech swap. I was wondering If you can bolt a 98 gsr head on a b18b. Or if you can bolt the gsr head on a b20b. If so what would i have to do to do this. If anyone could also help me. I am looking for a b18c1 block and pistons, rods and everything, could some give me a price on how much this would cost or a web site that has them. If someone has done the gsr head on b20b could they give me some specs. i dont want to waste money and time on engines and come out looking like a fool and having a slow car OR NO CAR AND NO ENGINE.
Thanks  

grlsk8co
New User
Posted: 09/13/07 11:36 PM

yes a gsr head will bolt directly onto a B18b. what kind of engine do you have now? b18b? if so, youd have a lot better time boring the block to 84mm, sleeving it, and turboing. with good sleeves you can run a high amount of boost, no problem. the stock internals can handle a good amount, nothing ridiculous of course, but enough. it would also be good to port and polish the head if so. I personally would rather do that to the existing motor, then the 2-4k it will cost to do what you want to do. plus you can use the money you were going to use on pistons, rods, cams, crank, etc. on just that.
IF you b18c onto a b20 block, youll have good low end, and crappy high end unless you build the block, I BELIEVE.  

luderunner
Enthusiast
Posted: 12/30/08 10:26 AM

you are right about the b20 the bottom end is torque wild but it steeply dives of in the higher rpms so you would need to build it up to maintain solid power thats why people like myself like using the b20b bottom end and a gsr head so you have good torque in the bottom and as the b20 starts to wind down the vtec engages from the gsr and power problem solved with a smile Wink  

JDM45
New User
Posted: 06/26/09 11:13 AM

So here's a question. IF I were to start building a b20/gsr Frankenstein for my integra, would i have to use the transmission from the b20b long block? or would mine work?  

K20egcw
Enthusiast
Posted: 06/26/09 06:52 PM

Get a B20z block, GSR head, supertech springs and retainers, CTR cams, a good header, good intake manifold, clutch, lightweight flywheel, and whatever bolt ons you wanna do and you'll be good to go!!  

jaron711
New User
Posted: 11/29/09 12:15 AM

b20 vtec the way to go  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP