Ss Network

Super Street Network

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

type-s vs. SI

meng_1987
New User
Posted: 03/31/08 11:35 AM

Well, i own an 08 SI and i don't think a type s would be able to pull it by two car. My friend has an 06 type S and we raced a few times. Sometimes he beats me and sometime i beat him. But he has an intake with and exhaust. Mine is only bone stock. But i think it do depends on the drivers. Between both these cars, i don't think one is quicker than the other being stock. Its about the same and depends on who and how it is driven. Laugh  Cool  

showoff3civic
User
Posted: 04/01/08 11:00 AM

Wow this thread is full of crazy mis information...

The k20a2 head swap is for the k20a3 the ep3 model si. The EP3 had vtec come on at 2300 rpms that went from a 12 valve to a 16 valve so there was really no vtec like the A2. The FG/FA has the real 3 lobe vtec system that you are accustom to. The stock DC5 does not have an lsd but a open differential where the FA/FG comes standard with an LSD (only FWD honda to do so). The k20z3 is by far one of the best honda engines that have come the RBC is a huge step being that i has shorter runners and open a lot more. I think in terms of a race you did not beat the SI by 2 cars but the driver of the car. On a race the FG should be able to beat the DC5 because of the lsd but it all depends on the driver  
NH-0 Cammed A2 ep3 in VT

KAIZO
New User
Posted: 05/10/08 12:57 PM

I would also have to say, stock to stock, its a pretty close game. it rly does depend on the driver and any mods. as far as which is better i think thats just the drivers opinion. matters what you like rly.  

D15B7
User
Posted: 05/12/08 07:34 PM

it all depends on the drivers becoase i won in my 94 civic to a 07 SI so 20%car 80%driver that is my opinion  

08sicoupe
New User
Posted: 11/24/08 05:01 PM

i had a 08 si and now i have a 06 type s i know the 02 through 04 type s comes with a k20a2 with 200 hp and i believe the head is the same as the 06+ si because the parts will interchange and the 05 06 types has a k20z1 with 210 hp and the cams i know are different cams also the type s 02 through 06 has diff vtec i know there both i vtec but in civic it only works on intake valves but in types the vtec operates on both intake and exhaust valves.  but as far as power there is a pretty big difference between the two espicially on low end throttle response on the rsx is alot faster and my rsx pulls on the si every time. one of buddies has a 2000 ex with h22 swap and his car pulled on my 08 si at a 65 roll on  he quit pullin at the end of fourth. me and the same guy did a 20 roll vs my type s my car has 143 torque  stock it has a cold air intake and the stock h22 has 160something plus he has bolt ons and in a quarter mile 20 roll i had him by 1 car lenght my civic wouldnt never done that so take it from someone who has had both cars the 05 to 06  type s is big diff in power even though the hp and torque numbers may not show it  

BROWSE CARS BY MARKET

TO TOP