New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/05
Posted: 07/14/05
07:10 PM

has to be $5000 or less  

Supra_MKIII Supra_MKIII
New User | Posts: 46 | Joined: 06/05
Posted: 07/14/05
10:35 PM

depends on what you like, 4 cyl or 6 cyl, NA or Turbo, Import or Domestics, how old is teh car,...etc.
I went with a 91 Supra Turbo, it has all the changes in the car model from the previous years (interior and exterior, especially audio and luxury wise), 6 cylinder, Turbo, alot of Luxury, Targa, lots of online retailers specialize in Supras, and most importantly, cmon, how often do you see a supra on the street VS. a Nissan or any Honda.

for about 4k you should be able to get a 1991 Turbo Supra, Targa, excellent interior and exterior, under 100k miles, and good over all car. the supra is not a one day project like most hondas, you have tor ebuild the engine with Metal Headgasket (or just swap the motor for a 1JZ or a 2JZ), its endless fun. but to get it to 500 RWHP you need to spend a minimum of extra 5k, thats including the rebuild, IC, 3" Turbo Back exhaust and maybe some electronics. as I said, depending on what you want and like. I just love straight Six engines, and more importantly, I love the look on the faces of the 2005 Mustang GT  owners when they try to race and all what they see is my tail lights. lol.  

Nyteshade Nyteshade
New User | Posts: 32 | Joined: 07/05
Posted: 07/15/05
08:03 PM

i would go with a 94 to 99 integra you can get them cheap and have some money left over to tune them and make them great i have a great intega    

integra-#003 integra-#003
User | Posts: 51 | Joined: 07/05
Posted: 07/20/05
11:51 PM

Yeah dude get an integra. I have a 1998 integra 2 door coupe gsr. This is good advice.  

vundeis vundeis
User | Posts: 163 | Joined: 01/01
Posted: 07/21/05
05:40 AM

don't hate me on this one, but get an old nissan stanza or a old 80's sentra.  why?  cause they are cheap as hell, leaving you plenty left over for upgrades.  that, and no one ever does those cars.  be original for once, don't do an integra or civic like everyone else.  not that they are bad cars, but everywhere you look you see one tuned.  be ooriginal, or look in the paper.  you should be able to find a 80's 944 porsche if you look hard enough.  should be cheap enough too.  
i fornicate and play hockey cause they are the two most fun things to do in cold wheather

hardbodydrifter hardbodydrifter
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 08/05
Posted: 08/23/05
02:37 PM

yo if you dont care what everybody else has get a 89-93 240SX, there all over ebay and parts are all over the place for these cars and they look good. but if you want something rare get a 1999 CIVIC EX... not get a 240Z,260Z,or a 280Z    

b_wheel b_wheel
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 06/05
Posted: 08/25/05
12:42 PM

you sould get a eclipse/talon/laser fo around that much  

civicuk civicuk
User | Posts: 94 | Joined: 01/07
03:33 PM

get summink with a good engine and then u dont have to worrie about power till u want it as u will be pritty fast alrady  

06:18 PM

plymouth lasers are one crappy car, go and get a old good enough to drive no problems and no rust like a 1991 honda crx for insistance, they are one of the lightest cars made with a weight of 2,200 pounds, it is a two seater, a lot of leg room. A lot of room for a least two 10inch good powerful subwoofers, really good dash like a lot of room to store gauges and turbo boost controllers and rpm tachs. Parts or aqftermarket parts are every where the price for a well kepted up one is about 2,000 dollars and that means about 130,000 miles but as you know hondas last a life time. Also about the crx it is easy to go fast and very good acceleration, if you are going to buy one get a 5 speed manual to have more fun. Well there is a lot more you can wait tell that motor dies then put in a h22 dohc to give it 190hp of rice. Thats about it that is a very very nice starting tuner, so tuner up bro,  

BigBoost BigBoost
User | Posts: 59 | Joined: 08/05
07:21 PM

Quote:

plymouth lasers are one crappy car

As opposed to an Eagle Talon or a Mitsubishi Eclipse right? Your dumb dude, your comparing a 70hp D15 CRX to a 200hp Turbo DSM, Granted the CRX is a good platform because of its light weight, but be prepared to spend about 2,000 on a B16 swap, + Bolt ons, and dont expect to get better than a high 13 out of that setup, or you go find yourself a cheap AWD DSM, do some maintenance on it, throw 1000 dollars in mods, and run 12's.  

07:24 PM

what are you talking about, a 1990 crx has a b16a in it at 97 hp.  

BigBoost BigBoost
User | Posts: 59 | Joined: 08/05
07:27 PM

Quote:

what are you talking about, a 1990 crx has a b16a in it at 97 hp.

I don't know what kind of CRX your talking about, maybe in JDM Land, but in what we call Reality of the USA , all CRX's have either a D15 TBI, or a D16 MPI, there are no B-series engines in USDM CRX's  

KINGVR4 KINGVR4
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/05
08:40 PM

Quote:

plymouth lasers are one crappy car, go and get a old good enough to drive no problems and no rust like a 1991 honda crx for insistance, they are one of the lightest cars made with a weight of 2,200 pounds, it is a two seater, a lot of leg room. A lot of room for a least two 10inch good powerful subwoofers, really good dash like a lot of room to store gauges and turbo boost controllers and rpm tachs. Parts or aqftermarket parts are every where the price for a well kepted up one is about 2,000 dollars and that means about 130,000 miles but as you know hondas last a life time. Also about the crx it is easy to go fast and very good acceleration, if you are going to buy one get a 5 speed manual to have more fun. Well there is a lot more you can wait tell that motor dies then put in a h22 dohc to give it 190hp of rice. Thats about it that is a very very nice starting tuner, so tuner up bro,

WHAT???? A Laser is a crappy car? Well damn WTF is an old ass honda then? A nice car? You gonna pimp your honduh that sounds like a pissed off midget's fart on steroids? Hondas last a lifetime because they make like 51whp LMFAO, are you kidding yourself with this post? Go ahead and dump 2g's, 3g's, hell 4 or 5g's in that p.o.s and still get slapped around by a stock ass dsm. Pull your head out of your ass and read your post man.  Smirk  

10:25 PM

are you gay. The crx is not mine. I was insisting on him buying a crx, not to [censored] up and mod but to drive it like a real car like to the mall with his car or something. A lASER IS GAY, AND SO ARE YOU FAGET DONT EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN OR I WILL SUE. JUST JOKING MAN.  

DRSLT1 DRSLT1
Enthusiast | Posts: 395 | Joined: 03/04
Posted: 08/26/05
06:23 AM

All *** aside, there isn't anything wrong with building a CRX, it's a really light chassis, and can be made to go fast with not too much cash if you are somwhat knowlegeable about cars and are competant enough to work on one. Which actually, on this forum, is less than 5% of all the people who post on here.

First off, your not going anywhere with the D series. Best bet is to swap in a B series. Probably gutting it would help too, but then your really driving a death-box. Good luck in a wreck  Smirk.

I'm down with best bang for your buck cars for $5,000 or less being:

A 1st generation turbo AWD DSM
1993-1997 LT1 Camaro or Trans Am
any Fox body Mustang
MKIII Supra turbos

pretty much anything but a Civic or Prelude, lol.  Grin  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
  • Super Street Online